- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Technician/Test Engineer.
Description of directorate/division
The accelerator division is designing, constructing, commissioning and operating the 5 MW linear accelerator and associated systems for the ESS facility. In collaboration with numerous partner institutes, the Beam Diagnostics Section is tasked with the design, production, and deployment of proton beam instrumentation systems. These systems monitor the properties of the beam from the ion source through the warm and the superconducting linac, and finally through the transport lines and onto the target. They incorporate a wide range of detector, electronic, and software technologies, both custom and commercial-off-the-shelf, deployed in the challenging environment of a high power accelerator and target station.
Description of main responsibilities
• Provides technical support for the design, procurement, assembly, installation, integration, commissioning, operation, and troubleshooting of ESS Diagnostic Systems. These systems consist of electronic equipment, electromechanical equipment, UHV components, optical components, and computing equipment.
• Works with staff at partner laboratories to develop in-house capabilities to support acceptance, operation of the diagnostic systems.
• Designs and constructs automated test systems for electronic, optical, and electromechanical equipment.
• Uses computers to collect, record, and analyze test data.
• Develops and maintains documentation and procedures for assembling, installing, troubleshooting, operating, and maintaining diagnostic system equipment.
• Provides technical support during installation of UHV beamline equipment and electronic systems.
• Participates in troubleshooting, problem solving, and workflow planning for system development, integration and operation.
• Implements custom instrument assemblies by designing (component layout, parts selection, mechanical design, etc.), fabricating (interfacing with fabricator and/or directly performing fabrication tasks), inspecting, and testing.
• Plans, equips and operates Diagnostics Group laboratory areas.
• Procures equipment and components for diagnostic systems.
• Maintains strong team spirit among diagnostics group members.
• Assures a safe and efficient work environment.
• Ensures compliance with ESH&Q procedures and programs. May participate in the development and communication of ESH&Q procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in electronic technology or a related field, and minimum of 5 years experience in the construction and operation of complex electronic systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with design, production, testing, and troubleshooting of custom electronic assemblies. Significant experience in use of standard test equipment (i.e., oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.) and other laboratory equipment. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret electrical/electronic schematic diagrams of digital, analog and RF circuitry.
• Demonstrated ability to fabricate precision mechanical and electronic equipment. Familiar with the use of software tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in an international team environment with a minimum of supervision. Working knowledge of electrical safety practices.
• Experience working in a large laboratory or similar R&D environment.
• Experience deploying equipment in a radiation environment.
• Experience in the latest electronics fabrication techniques including surface mount assembly and rework.
• Experience with computer aided design tools for mechanical design, schematic capture, and/or PCB layout commercial software tools.
• Experience with automated test software.
• Experience with PC hardware and networking equipment.
• Familiarity with High Vacuum equipment, electronics, and instrumentation systems used in particle accelerators.
Qualification should be similar to Swedish "högskoleingenjör".
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions.
The deadline for applications is 20th of July 2016.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process. For further information regarding the position, please contactThomas Shea, thomas.shea[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sara Margaryan, sara.margaryan[at]esss.se.