- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Frostbite Labs is a new R&D organization within Electronic Arts whose purpose is to explore new technologies and the creative opportunities that they can enable for our future games. Our areas of research include virtual reality, how we build game worlds, procedural content generation, creating truly realistic characters, and deep learning, i.e. neural networks and other machine learning techniques applied to game AI and game design.
We collaborate with teams all across Electronic Arts such as Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Star Wars and Dragon Age, as well as the Frostbite Engine team and upcoming new games & IPs.
Frostbite Labs is looking for a Senior Development Director to be located in Stockholm, Sweden. The successful candidate will be the right hand of the VP of Frostbite Labs and work to develop our teams, culture and environment and work with individuals in support of their careers. This position is critical to enable our fast moving teams to effectively build & deliver on our & EA Studios vision of the future.
What skills does Frostbite Labs look for?
As a person you are driven, build relations, get things done, creative, enthusiastic and a natural leader. You preferably have a technical background in development ? games or similar high tech ? with management experience.
You will be part of growing the best talent in the world and to help them reach new heights. Our employees are passionate, dedicated and creative and they need passionate, dedicated and creative leaders to support them.
- Enable our teams to perform at their highest potential and remove roadblocks
- Drive team culture and values
- Coordinate development with stakeholders, e.g. reporting, collaboration - across teams and expectation management
- Work with the EA Studios executive team to plan & report on development
- Manage budgets ? working closely with your finance partner
- Team staffing, e.g. what roles that are needed, validate resources against scope and plan
- Manage headcount & recruitment within project and studio budgets
- Create high-level roadmaps and helping the teams report & track progress and goals
- Facilitate communication and collaboration across the teams and studios
- Protect the team from external interference
- Career management
- Manage local personnel, providing feedback and assisting in career development
- Continuous feedback & coaching of people in the team, including - performance reviews and setting goals & targets
- Monitor and act upon team health establish clear goals and expectations
- Participate in recruitment and developing talent Local team culture
- You may be able to cover both of the DD and career management responsibilities, or you may be focused on one or the other.
- We always build and adapt the real job description for the specific skills & interests of the candidate.
- Proven leadership skills
- Solid project management skills
- Effective communication & collaboration skills across all levels of an organization
- Experience working with a distributed team spread across multiple locations
- Able to manage & grow people
- Able to work in a creative and fast moving R&D environment, and help to build that environment
- Experience working with and supporting complex multi-disciplinary projects
Apply online with a resume and cover letter in English. We look forward to receive your application!