- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Senior Software Developer.
Description of directorate/division
The Integrated Control System (ICS) division is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of control systems for the ESS facility including Accelerator, Target, Neutron Scattering Instruments and Conventional Facilities. The Controls Software Group within the ICS division has the responsibility to deliver relevant software components and solutions for many aspects of the ESS control system.
Description of main responsibilities
As a Senior Software engineer you are expected to contribute to the architecture, design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of the software work packages within the Integrated Control System project, that will be used during commissioning and operation of the integrated control system for the European Spallation Source.
We expect you to be an active member of the development team, working with continuous improvements of work methodologies and environment.
We believe that you are a curious and technically-minded well-organized person able to cope with a heavy workload, and we expect you to be proactive, take initiatives and co-operate.
- A Masters degree or similar in relevant field
- At least 5 years‘ experience in Software development including design, implementation, integration, testing, documentation, deployment and maintenance
- Solid programming experience working with Java and JavaEE
- Experience working with RESTful interfaces/services
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience working with community-based/open source software initiatives and an understanding of the dynamics in such
- Experience working with software quality improvement methodologies such as test-driven development, code reviews,
system/integration testing etc
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Experience participating and contributing working using agile ways of working
- Experience working with continuous integration infrastructures
- Experience in control systems software, such as EPICS, would be an advantage
Experience of working in an international environment is essential.
Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
To be successful and perform well in this position
Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, high rate of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds. In this growing organisation you will have the possibility to take part in developing new routines and processes. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is 14th of August 2016.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process. For further information regarding the position, please contact Susanne Regnell, susanne.regnell[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sara Margaryan, sara.margaryan[at]esss.se.