- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
AGRIBUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Job location; Nairobi, Kenya
The Agribusiness Development Manager will support the
achievement of the company’s agricultural products trading,
agro-industry and marketing objectives, principally through leading
capacity building strategy with company staff and beneficiaries in these
A) overseeing efforts that lead to increased and improved
linkages between small farmers, civil society organizations, government
and the private sector; and
B) Managing the monitoring and evaluation component.
The Agribusiness Development Manager will support the Managing Director
in his coordination and representation role, particularly as concerns
relations with the private sector and relevant government institutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Improve/develop the capacity of company staff/farmers’ associations to
identify sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and understand
and implement a demand-driven, commercialization approach to rural
development based on access to markets.
• Identify and assist in coordinating relevant workshops in agricultural
marketing issues for company staff and company beneficiaries.
• Develop or facilitate training modules for company staff related to
the key decision making tools for market analysis and program
intervention design, including:
- Value chain analysis
- Participatory needs assessment
- Participatory action planning
- Sub-sector analysis
• Assist with the preparation of training materials, guide and manuals
• Provide support and guidance to the Managing Director to develop,
review, oversee and review company strategy and activities related to
the implementation of the company strategies according to the company’s
long term strategies.
• Assist the Managing Director to develop appropriate criteria and a
suitable delivery mechanism for the facilitation of adequate investment
and training in farm and nonfarm enterprises
• Provide technical assistance for the design of the company’s
monitoring and evaluation strategy, Develop M&E system to measure
profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted company
ventures. Subsequently oversee company’s M&E system, ensuring the
provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal company
management and external reporting purposes.
• Assist the Managing Director to establish linkages with private sector
service providers and buyers for accessing new farm and non-farm
enterprise opportunities and in the negotiation of market contracts and
MOUs with selected private sector partners.
• Assist in the facilitation of linkages with local agencies for
accessing new non-farm enterprises opportunities in conservation areas.
• Design a strategy to strengthen linkages between civil society
organizations, government representatives and the private sector.
• Maintain working relations with relevant government line ministries
and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of
new products and/or approaches in agriculture development and marketing
• Provide technical support in the establishment of a marketing database
to keep farmers, consumers and buyers informed of the prevailing market
prices of various agro-industrial products and commodities.
• Master’s degree in agricultural economics, marketing or business
administration, or related field 5-7 years international experience in
agro-business development, preferably in farm planning and economic
• Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial
institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers
• Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program
design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business
• Experience with community-based programming
• Experience in small to medium scale agro-enterprise management.
• Demonstrate strong desire to work and live in EAC.
• Strong entrepreneurial drive in developing an upcoming commodity powerhouse.
• Fluency in English.
Send CV latest 26th of August, 2016. For further information please send e-mail.