- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Development Engineer Powertrain Dependability
Do you want to be a part of the next generation driving technology explosion in automotive powertrain development? At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
The group Powertrain "Diagnostics and Dependability" is responsible for system safety development and related diagnostic monitoring of complete propulsion systems. Our delivery consists of software functionality that identifies inaccuracies, prevents critical events and mitigates the effect of a fault. We apply highest standard when it comes to minimise customer impact, focus on robust system design is therefore crucial.
As Development Engineer Powertrain Diagnostics and Dependability you will be part of a highly creative group that continuously develop and implements diagnostic and safety monitoring concepts in different vehicle applications. We do this with deep knowledge in and in close cooperation with control system development teams across VCC. The position is a great opportunity to test and develop your own capabilities and become an expert, the area is challenging and growing as control systems across the entire vehicle constantly expands. Either you have earlier experiences, maybe you already are an expert within the area of diagnostic monitoring or safety, or you have recently graduated and feel that you have the passion for complex control systems, and want to further excel in the area - there are some alternative positions available, all will challenge your creativity on different levels.
As hired, you will find colleges having similar responsibilities and a continuous exchange of ideas are somewhat a rule as development of both safe and robust functionality is challenging. Ideas and concepts can easily be tested in real life, in real vehicles, on the road, just put your software together and download to a car. We finally verify our systems by going on expeditions around the world to find interesting environments that will stress our systems.
* Software function development, calibration and verification of powertrain control systems
* Develop creative technical solutions to prevent critical events and mitigates the effect of a fault
* Analysis and development of requirements for monitoring software
* Function development, implementation, data setting and verification.
* Evaluation and problem analysis
* Planning of your activities to meet project milestones
* Participation in expeditions
* Master of Science within in Electrical, Mechanical, Applied Physics, Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent experience
* Experience within software development and embedded powertrain/vehicle control systems are meritorious
* Extensive knowledge of system safety and monitoring methods are meritorious
* Fluent in English and Swedish, spoken and written
* Drivers License, B-level
* Positive and open minded
* High level of communication and teamwork capability
* Analytical and structured
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Sourceright. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Stina Sörensen by e-mail [email protected]. Note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than September 26th, 2016.