- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Accelerator Division at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for an FPGA/VHDL programmer.
Description of Accelerator Division?
The Accelerator Division is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of the ESS accelerator. The pulsed superconducting linac, to be built in Lund, will produce a 5 MW average power proton beam, driving the world´s most powerful neutron source.
Description of RF Section
The RF Section is responsible for generating, distributing and regulating 125 MW of pulsed RF power to 155 accelerating RF cavities of six different types. For an overview, see chapter 4 of the ESS Technical Design Report.
Qualifications and main responsibilities
As an experienced FPGA programmer your main responsibilities will be to assist in the design and implementation of the digital LLRF routines and fast interlock systems for ESS.
Your main areas of responsibility include:
• Programming of VHDL applications for LLRF and fast interlock systems for ESS.
• Serve as FPGA/VHDL expert for RF Group.
• Preparation of test protocols and commissioning within the overall RF system.
• Overall test and tuning of RF systems for ESS.
• Provide support for In-Kind partners, Lund University and internally.
• Support other groups within the accelerator division with FPGA/VHDL programming and applications as necessary.
• Support with identification and selection of test and measurement equipment.
• Supervision of contractors and suppliers as required.
To be successful in this position, you have a relevant MSc or PhD combined with several years’ experience of programming and working with FPGAs.
You have proven specific experience in:
• Implementation of control systems in FPGA.
• Documented FPGA development evidence in FPGA environments.
• Hands on build and test, design, implementation and verification.
• Design and development of test protocols and procedures.
• Simulation, problem solving and debugging.
• Development in a Linux environment.
• Signal synthesis and generation.
Experience of the following is an advantage.
• Familiarity with ATCA/microTCA or similar platforms
• Use/design of RF devices, amplifiers and RF systems
• Design and characterisation of low noise signal synthesisers and RF generators
• Board design and fault finding
• Power supply control and design of electronic circuits and systems
• EPICS, C/C++, Python FPGA, PLC programming
• Accelerator technology
In addition to your technical skills you:
• Have proven system analysis and problem solving skills
• Have a talent for solving complex problems with ingenuity and creativity
• Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Are fluent in written and spoken English
• Are able to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team within the group and with other groups
• Work in a systematic way, have good organizational and report writing skills
• Have some project management experience
• Are able to supervise, staff, contractors and suppliers
• Must be available for occasional travel
• It is expected that during commissioning and operation there may be a requirement for occasional shift working.
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
What ESS can offer?
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of a company culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the company continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Application & Contact?
Please provide your curriculum vitae and covering letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is October 23, 2016.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Morten Jensen, [email protected]. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer Sara Margaryan, [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application, get involved, you are needed.