- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Operating in Western Africa and relying on Swedish technology, our small company has a world class team of scientists and business people with a unique meteorology product that helps some of the poorest people.
The company is at an exciting stage of expanding its operations to several new countries. It can only be done by people who are experts in their field. If you are looking for a new challenge, a chance to contribute to creating a very international company, but with the benefit of being able to work from Sweden then please read on:
The system developer that we are looking for will be a core team member and will therfore bring broad, novel thinking and expertise in a wide area.
The main duties include:
- Continue development of automatic handling of different user interactions.
- Developing an operational monitoring system that allows for tracking of system processes and automated error handling of faults in the data generation, processing and transfer chains
- Developing program critical post-processing algorithms, handling our numerical model output data to generate more advanced output
- Designing a back-up solution in case of catastrophic events (supercomputer crash, data losses)
The candidate has extensive experience in:
- Linux environment (Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu etc)
- Scripting languages such as basic shell, Perl and Python and web applications (Apache, MySQL, QGIS)
The ideal candidate also has experience in:
- Fortran and C (our numerical model is based on these languages) along with post-processing scripts in Fortran-based RIP.
- Parallel computing. In the development, the potential of parallellizing any exhaustive scripts should always be considered (using OpenMPI and OpenMP), and the developer needs to be aware of how to code parallell tasks
- Familiarity with telecom operator's interfaces (SMPP, SOAP) are also very important since our product is delievered by text messages to mobile phones
As a person we think you show:
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and together with others in the technical team
- Ability to switch and maintain focus even under changing work tasks and time pressure
- Ability to learn quickly new programming languages and open source software tools
- Good written and verbal skills in English
- Positive attitude and creative mindset
This position is based in Stockholm but in the first year we can consider a flexible solution to work from elsewhere in Sweden. There will be occasional travels to Ghana where most of our team is based.
Remuneration & terms of employment:
Full-time, salary commensurate with skills and experience