- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Junior Network and Systems Administrator.
Description of directorate/division
The Integrated Control System (ICS) division is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of control systems for the ESS facility including Accelerator, Target, Neutron Scattering Instruments and Conventional Facilities. The Controls Software Group within the ICS division has the responsibility to deliver relevant software components and solutions for many aspects of the ESS control system.
Description of main responsibilities
• Actively participate in the infrastructure project by providing assistance with the planning, procurement and implementation of storage and compute systems for ICS test platform
• Provide support on the control systems computers and network systems infrastructure
• Contribute to the installation and configuration of Linux servers (CentOS) on all control servers
• Plan, test and deploy VPN, network segmentation as well as network services for the control system (DHCP, DNS, NTP)
• Maintain and improve the online documentation of the control system computer infrastructure
• Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
• Assist in implement network security policies, application security and access control
• 1 to 5 years of professional experience
• Skills in Linux servers, networking and storage
• Shell scripting (Bash, PHP, Python)
• Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills for providing effective support
Experience of working in an international environment is essential.
Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
We truly believe that our candidate is a well-organized person who is able to cope well with heavy workload and has high cooperation skills.
Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, high rate of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds. In this growing organisation you will have the possibility to take part in developing new routines and processes. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
Application & Contact
Deadline for applications is 2nd of October 2016.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process. For further information regarding the position, please contact Susanne Regnell susanne.regnell[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sara Margaryan, sara.margaryan[at]esss.se.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!