- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Junior Systems Administrator.
Description of directorate/division
The Integrated Control System (ICS) division is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of control systems for the ESS facility including Accelerator, Target, Neutron Scattering Instruments and Conventional Facilities. The Controls Software Group within the ICS division has the responsibility to deliver relevant software components and solutions for many aspects of the ESS control system.
Description of main responsibilities
• Aid in the design, implementation and administration of control system computing and storage system, computers and other control system infrastructure.
• Provisioning of control system data center and operating systems.
• Implementation and management of local computational and storage solutions.
• Management of central services (central system log, name services, web services, storage services)
• Perform system administration.
• Maintain system security.
• Perform EPICS Integration.
• A Bachelor's degree in computing or related discipline
• Knowledge of EPICS or similar control system frameworks.
• Experience in the administration of UNIX based operating systems.
• Experience with programming and scripting languages.
• Database administration experience (RDBMS and NoSQL).
• Experience with reverse proxies and load balancers.
• Experience with provisioning operating systems with automation tools (Ansible, Salt or Puppet).
• Experience with hyper converged infrastructure platforms, virtualization and storage solutions.
• Experience with system administration and system security.
Experience of working in an international environment is essential.
Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
We truly believe that our candidate is a well-organized person who is able to cope well with heavy workload and has high cooperation skills.
Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, high rate of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds. In this growing organisation you will have the possibility to take part in developing new routines and processes. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please note that it is re-opening of the job announcement, the screening of the applicants has already started and the selection is ongoing. The new deadline for applications is 2nd of October 2016.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process. For further information regarding the position, please contact Susanne Regnell susanne.regnell[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sara Margaryan, sara.margaryan[at]esss.se.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!