- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
The department Driver Interaction & Infotainment are responsible for the development of Volvo Cars Infotainment and Driver Information and Audio systems. Within this department there are five section departments and one of them is the section responsible for the Digital User eXperience, called „DUX development center". Our vision is "To create the most desirable and Meaningful Digital User Experience, that builds a Relationship with our customers".
The DUX Interaction group solution for all applications in the car, e.g. Media (radio, TV, BT streaming, CarPlay…), Phone, Navigation, Driver information, Driver support systems and more. We are a crucial part for all applications and features in the car that is in need of some kind of User Interaction to make the User Experience of the Volvo Car complete. Our responsibility is the logic and behaviour of the applications and features. The aesthetic look and feel, i.e. graphics and animation are at the Design department, which we are working very close to, as well as the feature teams and function responsible. The team are having deliveries in both early advanced engineering phase and industrialization phase, securing what is finally implemented in the cars for production.
As UI/Interaction Designer you will be responsible creating the UI solution for certain features and feature areas available in the car environment. Your background is within the UX field and experience from the complexity of creating a perfectly tailor made UI solution down to all the details that means knowing the user, translating that need to the system and software developers through our visual interaction specifications. At Volvo Cars the UX area is divided on different departments. This means a lot of cross collaboration with different stakeholders around the organisation. A holistic mindset, dedicated to the best UI/UX solution, knowing when the limit is reached, and good presentation skills are therefore a great need.
* Taking in to account the end user aspects as well as the technical prerequisites
* Actively take part in implementation
* Work close to the sw-developers and finally verifying the end solution when implemented
* Be the link between feature owner and graphic designer when creating the UI concepts and final specification, sent to the supplier doing the implementation
* For the post of suitable education at least 160 points, (4 years or equivalent knowledge obtained from practical experience), specializing in behavioural science, cognitive science, interaction design human / machine interaction or equivalent
* General computer skills are required and knowledge of the following programs: MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
* At least 5 years work experience within the UX/UI field
* Driving license Sweden/EU level B
* Interest in cars and the challenges in different kinds of driving
* Knowledge and experience from using UI prototype tools like Axure or similar is meritorious
* Experience from UI/UX development within the Automotive industry is meritorious
* Customer oriented / User Centered
* Think different
* Drive change
* Strive to reach the best UI decisions
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Sourceright. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Nadja Bergman at +46 729889828 or by e-mail [email protected]. Note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than October 27th, 2016.