- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
CAE engineer Vision Systems - Active Safety
At Research and Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers from around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in being part of an experienced team in the development of our next generations of Driver Assistance, Active Safety and Autonomous Driving systems? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Then Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
At Volvo Car Group, we are striving to be world leading in Driver Assistance and Active Safety (ADAS - Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) and Autonomous Driving (AD) and to be the first to offer truly autonomous vehicles that are both convenient and safe. The environment perception systems providing the decision algorithms with the precise information about the surrounding environment are crucial for high performance of ADAS and AD. These systems comprise of sensors like cameras, radars, laser scanners, GPS units. Verification of robust performance of the sensors is an important part of the verification of ADAS and AD systems. Computer Aided engineering (CAE) is a novel method of verification of sensor systems that provides more cost-efficiency and flexibility. The Driver Assistance and Active Safety CAE group supports the Active Safety department at Volvo Car Group by developing methods for virtual verification of sensor systems. For vision-based sensors, we create 3D virtual environments and generate video streams that the camera images would see. The main challenge is to create complex 3D environments with a flexibility allowing for a large variety of traffic scenarios, and to render realistic video streams that are sufficiently close to real ones. It is like a racing game, but with a huge impact of enabling world leading ADAS and AD systems. In our work, we collaborate closely with other teams at Active Safety, primarily the ones responsible for vision sensors and sensor verification. In a constant dialogue and knowledge exchange, we support these teams with the tools for virtual testing and CAE analysis results area.
As a CAE Engineer, vision systems, you will be a member of the Sensor CAE team and have a chance to contribute to development and application of virtual vision sensor testing methods. You will be further developing the 3D environments and rendering techniques, and integrating the vision sensor CAE tools into our ADAS and AD CAE tool chains. You will have a possibility to participate in research and advanced engineering projects focusing on vision system testing. You will be collaborating within and outside the team to get the expert knowledge about camera sensors, object detection, ADAS and AD systems as well as 3D environments. We are searching for motivated, interested and skillful individuals with strong academic records and documented experience in the relevant fields who want to take a challenge and develop state of the art test methods for future ADAS and AD.
* M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Games, 3D design, Signals and Systems or similar.
* Solid documented experience of working with 3D design, preferably within urban environments/automotive design/racing games.
* 3DSMax is required, other rendering/3D design suites and tools are meritorius
* Computational geometry theory is a strong merit
* Hands-on knowledge of rendering tools Vray and/or Unreal engine
* Documented experience in C/C++ programming language, CMake, Visual Studio
* CUDA programming experience is meritorious
* Knowledge of camera sensor operation principles, such as imager operation, digital signal processing, image distortion, exposure control etc. is a strong merit.
* Knowledge of Matlab and/or Python is an advantage
* Driver's license (B)
* Fluent in English, written and spoken
* Quick learner, eager to acquire new skills and new knowledge
* Good communication and social skills
* Strong analytical abilities since the job requires ingenuity and creativity
* Self-motivated to deliver on time, on target with quality
* Integrity, courage and personal energy
* Service minded
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process, we are collaborating with Randstad Sourceright. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Rebecka Simonsson by e-mail at [email protected]. Note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than February 6th, 2017.
Andra webbjobb i Göteborg
- Frontendutvecklare/Angular/React till ÅF
- Seniora .NET-utvecklare till ÅF
- Systemspecialist till Sileo Kapital
- Utveckla och utvecklas? Devies söker nya kollegor i sitt 80/20-koncept!
- Nyutexaminerad ingenjör till projekt med Python-programmering!