- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Do you enjoy architecting and developing systems from the ground up? Do you love mathematics and statistics?
Football Addicts is the Swedish app developer behind popular apps Forza Football and Forza 90’. Forza Football keeps users up-to-date on their favorite teams and competitions, and has a great coverage of video highlights and many other cool features. The app has over 10 million installs and over 2 million monthly active users. At peak hours it handles thousands requests per second and sends millions of push notifications. The app covers over 420 leagues from around the world. Over 40% of Forza Football users check the app every day.
Football Addicts is bootstrapped and profitable, which means no interference from investors - we have full control over our company and products, and we only build things we are proud of. We keep things simple, we have no middle managers and we avoid lengthy company policies and bureaucracy.
Right now we are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our team. As a Data Engineer you will be enabling Football Addicts to make data driven decisions. You will interface with both our product and engineering team as well as our commercial team in order to identify and review metrics, evaluate A/B tests and user behavior and come up with product insights. In order to be successful in this role you need to have expertise within the following area: mathematics, programming, and statistics.
• Experience working with analytical and quantitative problem solving
• Understanding of database modeling and data warehousing principles
• Ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases and work effectively with relational database systems
• Knowledge of data mining algorithms which includes decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks
• Using tools such as R, Python (and also Excel) for analytical purposes
• Ability to understand the appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques to use in different circumstances
• Experience working with Hadoop clusters as well as the tools in Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Map Reduce, etc).
• Ability to provide an analytics perspective to discussions and help motivating the priorities within your team
• Football Addicts operates globally, and many employees are international, so decent oral and written skills in English are required. Proficiency in Swedish is a plus.
We do not hire based on experience with a number of tools, years of experience or university degrees. Instead, we value candidates who are bright, creative, and driven, and have an interest in learning new techniques and tools, as well as an ability to adapt quickly to changes.
Football Addicts offers great benefits such as:
• Your choice of computer setup
• Flexible work hours
• Five weeks paid vacation, unlimited time off
• No middle managers and unnecessary bureaucracy
• Being part of an autonomous team where your opinion matters
• Breakfast every day
• Friday beers
• Conference visits with all expenses paid
• Ping-pong and shuffleboard
• Become a shareholder
• Relocation support
• Visa sponsorship
• Come as you are, we strongly believe in a diverse workplace
• Parental leave benefits
Make sure to visit our Instagram account for further insight into our company and culture https://www.instagram.com/_footballaddicts
In this recruitment process we cooperate with Dfind IT. Should you need more information, please contact Josefine Berglund at +4672-549 19 80 or [email protected]. To apply, you may register your application on http://www.dfind.se. Selection and interviews will be made continuously.
Dfind IT carried out the Joel Test with Football Addicts to rate the quality of their software team. The test includes 12 questions and Football Addicts answered YES on 12 out of 12 questions, which indicates a very modern and efficient development environment. You can view the test below:
• Distributed version control – Yes: Git
• One step build – Yes: own setup
• Daily builds – Yes: Builds every commit, deploy at will
• Bug database/tracking – Yes: Github
• Bugs handled before new code – Yes-ish
• Up-to-date release schedule – Yes: 1 year, ½ year, quarter, fortnight
• Updated specification – Yes: User stories
• Quiet working environment – Yes, best office in the world
• The best tools money can buy – Yes: ergonomics, prod-environment, IDE:s, setup of own choice up to 40k SEK
• QA-methodology & dedicated test – Yes: dedicated tester
• Coding part of interview process – Yes
• Hallway usability testing – Yes: own User Researcher
Employer: Football Addicts AB
Job Type: Fulltime
Start: As soon as possible
About Dfind IT:
Dfind IT is a recruitment and consulting firm specializing in IT. We work to help others to succeed. Our goal is that our candidates find the perfect assignment and that our customers find just the skills they need. All who work with us are specialists in IT skills. We employ only dedicated people with the right attitude to support our values: Passion & Simplicity. We believe that commitment and simplicity is the key to a good future for our candidates and our clients – a future where we can help more people succeed.