- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Do you want to be a part of developing the future of online video? We are looking for an engaged Python developer with a strong drive to build a fantastic product.
Screen9 is a fast growing company within the streaming video market. We are by many considered the technology leading online video platform, at least in the Nordics, and we’re constantly winning new customers in the media and enterprise markets. Today, we have offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Krakow. The tech team is hence somewhat distributed but the backend core is in Stockholm.
About the position
You will be working in an agile team developing our backend systems, handling everything from APIs, video transcoding, databases, asset management to collection, processing and access to statistics for all video usage. You will be part of a team that cares about what it delivers, both in terms of building the best product in the market space as well as the quality and maintainability of code the team produces. The team takes responsibility for delivering on the roadmap, improving the platform and its scalability as well as continuously identifies product enhancements. Development pace is high and we put code into production every other week.
The position is available in our new Stockholm office but other options may be available.
Some of the techniques and products Screen9 use are
* Python with gevent
* Amazon AWS tools and technologies
* OpenSource tools and software
* Linux environment
We believe you
* are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
* are comfortable running your software in Linux environments.
* know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
* are familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems.
* have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
* probably have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Why join us?
* A good atmosphere, great colleagues.
* Be part of a brilliant development team.
* We’re building a real product for serious customers.
* We’re a small company still, you will make a difference.
* We work with open source on linux platforms.
* We have flexible work hours, a fresh office, a brand new coffee machine… ??