- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
As a research scientist, you will be working on the future architecture of ABB’s software-based products, with a special focus on industrial communication and its quality attributes (robustness, determinism, latency, etc). We are looking for a person with the eagerness to transfer and apply world-class academic research into an industrial environment. You will work within a highly motivated, international team of researchers. We offer a family-friendly work environment with many diverse opportunities to grow your career.
As a part of ABB Corporate Research you will work in dynamic, motivated and creative teams with wide range of experience and competence and access to highly advanced laboratory facilities. Our teams are internationally composed and we encourage job rotations as a way to develop your competence and to learn how to work in different cultures.
Your key focus will be to develop innovative Industrial IoT connectivity solutions which include the transfer, configuration and operation of automation services for the smarter grid, manufacturing and process industries:
• Contribute to (and possibly lead) projects that turn state-of-the-art research results into effective solutions for our business units, together with ABB business units, academic partners, end customers as well as external partners
• Gather requirements, develop innovative concepts, scout emerging technologies, design architectures, create models, validate concepts by prototypes, and demonstrate them
• Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
• Build a network within ABB as well with external partners and become known for your skills.
For this role, you have a degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field, preferably also either academic experience (PhD) or some years of professional experience. You have good communication skills and team player attitude, as well an eagerness to learn and develop on new topics.
You have experience in:
• Industrial Ethernet or Industrial wireless technologies
• Network routing and switching, network management
• Software development (e.g., C, C++, C#, Java) and are acquainted with other programming paradigms.
Moreover, you have knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
• Distributed real-time systems
• Domain knowledge in power/process industries including standards like OPC UA, and IEC 61850
Knowledge in one of the following fields is a plus:
• Cyber security
• Signal processing for communication
• Experience from Matlab/Simulink
You share a passion for innovative technologies, the desire to transfer ideas into practice, and the fascination that connectivity is key for successful Industrial IoT solutions – in automobile production, chemical plants, electric-vehicle charging and renewable-energy plants. You own balanced expertise, both theoretical and practical, to deliver not only significant breakthrough but also attractive demonstrators.
As a strong communicator in a global company, you have good English skills and are able to communicate effectively with internal and external partners.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees http://www.abb.com.
For more information please contact hiring manager Linus Thrybom +46 21 - 32 36 09, or Recruitment Consultant Eleonor Sandberg +46 21 - 32 51 28. Union Representatives; Unionen Krista Andersson +46 21- 34 02 85, and Sveriges Ingenjörer, Carl-Fredrik Lindberg +46 21 – 32 32 23. Welcome with your application by July 3rd!
ID on http://new.abb.com/se/jobba-hos-oss: SE61642132.