- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) is a Stockholm-based international think tank with a reputation built on topics related to armament, disarmament and international security, with a recent expansion to researching the relationships between peace and development on the one hand, and climate change and security on the other. In doing so, it produces globally recognized publications and other text-based materials that receive extensive international media coverage. You will be responsible for editing and typesetting these texts for content and style. The work is of varying complexity and length, for a range of audiences and publication platforms. You will have the skills and capacity to manage editorial projects from concept to pre-press—seeing them through from substantive editing to final production under deadline.
In addition to editing texts as appropriate for the intended audience, you will check facts and coordinate the contributions of authors and others, ensuring that SIPRI’s high standards of language and factual accuracy are maintained.
This position combines strong technical, editorial and project management skills. The right candidate will be comfortable working with Microsoft Word and InDesign. Importantly, you will work with the SIPRI Style Guide and collaborate closely with the Communications Department. As a SIPRI editor you will play a key role in ensuring both quality of content (regarding facts, style and grammar) and of the end product (the look and feel of the finished piece).
SIPRI is recruiting an in-house editor to join its publications and communications team.
Required skills and experience:
- English as a native language
- 2 years of experience as an editor, ideally for official or academic readerships
- Knowledge of publishing and layout software, including, but not limited to, Word and InDesign
- Experience searching for facts in databases, in libraries and on the Internet
- Experience working with a style guide
- Solid computer skills, ideally in a Mac environment
- Strong organizational and project-management skills
- Ability to write well and observe detail, to cooperate professionally with authors and colleagues, and to maintain deadlines under time pressure
Desired skills and experience:
- A good eye for the design of printed and online materials
- Ability to generate text (i.e. copy writing) based on other available texts (e.g. summaries, news blurbs, web copy)
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with communications and outreach work
- Knowledge of HTML, content-management systems and web-based publishing
- A degree, preferably in political science, international relations, English language, journalism or a natural science
- An interest in SIPRI’s areas of research
- Working knowledge of other languages
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
SIPRI is an independent international institute dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public.
Information on SIPRI’s publications is available at http://www.sipri.org/publications/