- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Research and Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Next generation infotainment system from Volvo Cars will be based on Android Embedded.
In alignment with our partnership with Google we are now looking for developers to strengthen our teams. Volvo Cars takes full responsibility for setting up and maintaining the environment for enabling Software build and Continuous Integration in-house. A well thought through and maintained CM architecture and work environment is a prerequisite for successful in-house development. The aim is to establish a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software happens rapidly, frequently, and reliably. We are applying modern software development practices, and teams are supported with continuous integration frameworks and collaboration tools in the DevOps toolchain.
As a DevOps engineer you will be a corner stone in enabling the DevOps tool chain used in the software development producing our next generation infotainment software platform and functionality. You will belong to a DevOps core team and need to have good collaboration skills as you will be working together with different stakeholders to provide the environment needed.
As a DevOps engineer, you will strive for high grade of automated software build, integration, test and delivery. You will strive for fast feedback loops for the developers and visualization of progress for stakeholders inside and outside the development teams.
* Active member of the team that is responsible for the software development environment
* Drive and improve the quality assurance infrastructure for advanced embedded systems
* Set up and optimize code pipeline services and servers for speed and quality
* Analyze, prioritize and implement a wide range of tasks needed to provide the DevOps toolchain
* Align the architecture, enabling CI, automatic tests and a common SW Development tool chain, across the organization and with suppliers
* Debug and evolve feature code and test code for anything from user interface to platform level logic
* Communicate clearly with stakeholders; document and present guidelines and status
* University degree in Electrical and/or Software Engineering or similar relevant experience
* Experience from working in the field of software development, requirement handling within electrical and/or software projects (Java, C++, C etc)
* Good knowledge of Linux and Linux based tools
* Experience with GIT and preferably also Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins and Gerrit
* Good knowledge about CM concepts like baselining, branching strategies
* Experience from developing software on a Linux platform is preferable
* Knowledge in agile SW development
* Experience from SW integration and validation
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Efficient SW test methods, including automated unit and integration testing
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Experience within Automotive, Infotainment and from working in an international environment
* An asset would be experience from working in a highly networked organization developing SW and architecture together with suppliers
* Experience from working with Continuous Integration
* A strive for future development and challenges
* Driven and self-motivated
* Communicative and a great team player
* Result and solution oriented
Contact and application
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Richard Lundberg via [email protected].
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Claudia Mönch Ottosson, [email protected]
Please note that applications via mail will not be accepted. To apply, please register your application via the link no later than August 13, 2017.
We hope that our position has caught your interest and we are looking forward to your application!.
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.