- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audio book service for mobile phone. We are offering thousands of audiobooks and e-books in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Holland, Poland, Finland & Russia, and is expected to to enter several new markets within this year. We see ourselves as the market leader for streamed audiobooks and our focus is to supply a great experience to our customers and have fun at work!
We are looking for talented and driven developers to join our team and help build a service that hundreds of thousand of people use every day to consume books. You are a Java developer with a few years of hands-on experience in building APIs and other types of backend services.
Currently we are in a phase where we are rebuilding our entire stack in order to meet the increasing demands. Storytel is constantly growing. Our new service is a micro services based backend providing REST APIs to native apps and client side rendered web applications. Your main focus will be in the backend, but you need to feel at ease all over the stack. Our micro services runs in Docker/Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform. We work closely with our technology and infrastructure providers, and are a big enough player to often have a first hand contact. Storytel as a company is very open to new technologies and we put great trust in our tech teams and all developers. We work in small and agile teams with members from all our sites. We are a handful of teams with a handful of members in each, you will quickly learn to know us all!
What will you do?
- Primarily Java development running in a Google Cloud Platform environment
- Be a part of one of our development teams being responsible for the whole chain of communicating with our microservice based backend, all the way down to the customer, through website or APIs
- Write clear, safe and maintainable code covered by tests
- You will collaborate closely with other app developers, UX designers and backend developers on a daily basis
- You have at least 2-3 years of professional hands-on experience with developing in Java
- You can implement simple, but powerful solutions for performance-critical and complex domains
- You have a great interest in modern technologies and like to keep up to date with new exciting stuff being built
- Writing tests is an important part of your daily work
It is beneficial if...
- You are experienced in working with a large scale microservice-based architecture
- You have a University degree in computer science or similar
- You have knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform
- You have knowledge in at least some of these frameworks/concepts/tools: audio streaming, DevOps, ReactJS, MySQL, Continuous Integration, PubSub, Elasticsearch, Websockets.
- It’s a big plus if you have Docker and shell scripting knowledge, because this will be a big part of your daily work.
- You have knowledge or experience with C# as this is our other primary language besides Java
We are looking for someone who is self going but in the same time you love to collaborate with others, both sharing your knowledge and learn from others. Since we are a company that constantly tries to do better and develop our systems, we look forward to take part of your creative ideas. It is important that you think it is fun to grow and learn, both as a person and with our team. You love programming and want to be the best at what you do! You speak and write English fluently.
The job is in our office in Lund, but our scrum teams are distributed geographically between Stockholm, Lund and Copenhagen.
We offer you
Storytel offers you an opportunity to get into a developing company that embraces the latest technologies on the market. We have a very good culture in the company and put a strong focus on personal development. You can read more about us and our products on http://www.storytel.se (http://www.storytel.se/)
Does this sound interesting? We would love to get your application today. And don't forget to show us your GitHub account if you have some code you are proud of.