- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible of building and improving the performance, reliability, availability and security of the production sites serving a userbase of more than 250+ million users worldwide. You will be working in a small team and reporting directly to the CTO. Your role will be as a very influential actor in Truecaller’s tech vison going forward. We believe the definition of success for this role starts with strong engineering fundamentals, curiosity and creativity, and finally wrapped up in a sense of ownership and team play.
- Maintaining system sustainability by monitoring the instrumentation, availability, latency and system health. Building the necessary alarming systems in order to escalate abnormalities
- Improving the performance, reliability, availability and security of our production sites.
- Constantly improving the configuration management and automation in order to reach a state where all infrastructure components are immutable
- Performing in-depth analysis to understand the bottlenecks in our microservices architecture and implement improvement points together with the system development team
- Protecting system stability with fine tuning the backpressure mechanisms between services and sites
- Troubleshooting and fine-tuning of JVM systems under very high concurrency loads
- Managing and fine-tuning of JVM based microservices (Scala/Java), relational databases (MariaDB), non-relational datastores (Cassandra, Elastic Search) and distributed transaction streaming platforms (Kafka, Akka streams, Spark jobs etc.)
- Being influential in monitoring and capacity planning together with the system development teams and in alignment with the business goals
- Being one of the thought leaders in the tech team for scalability and reliability of systems, communicating ideas clearly and taking steps for continuous improvements
Required minimum competencies:
- Extensive knowledge of programming and system administration on Linux environments, preferably working on high throughput and low latency systems
- Excellent understanding of distributed system design across process and site boundaries
- Hands-on experience with service orchestration and management, deployment activities, configuration management and all necessary automation
- Strong grasp of process isolation, virtualization and containerization concepts and being able to apply them when necessary
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle, versioning, building, testing, staging and deployment processes with a strong continuous delivery mindset
- Strong tendency to keep things simple and maintainable (stick to KISS + YAGNI)
Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call or at the end of a signature.
We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient. We are a Diverse organisation with over 90 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have over 250 million users around the world.