- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
C++ Software Engineer and craftsman with interest in test, continuous integration and deployment
At Jeppesen we create amazing software that helps millions of airline passengers around the world to safely and efficiently reach their destinations. Look to the skies and you will see a quarter of a million airline crew members on thousands of aircraft flying to schedules generated by our software. We call it Digital Aviation.
You will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with advanced solutions of multicore computers. You will be surrounded by highly talented colleagues, who are up for any challenge, that will support and guide you. You will have the opportunity to learn and broaden your experience by working with more than 200 engineers from more than 30 different nations. We are proud of our values, diversity and our culture of trust and helpfulness.
In our Gothenburg office, near the Central Station, we are passionate about delivering with ever increasing levels of quality with speed following agile principles and practices. We have embraced the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) which serves to structure our agile way of working.
We will now expand and strengthen our teams with two talented and experienced C++ software designers with a true interest in the art of software engineering craftsmanship.
You will be part of a highly qualified and experienced team developing in our platform for the business logics and its features that does the magic for our customers.
The platform is mainly implemented in C++ and the OS is Linux. Python and Java are also used when writing test cases and in communication upstream and downstream in the solutions.
Unit testing skills, engagement in build and Continuous Integration and Deploy, understanding in data modelling and interest in functional programming are areas of your professional characteristics that will come into play.
The team works in the agile form of KANBAN, integrated in our SAFe framework that secures structure and cadence of delivery in our release trains. Normally we work in two weeks sprints in an iteration that consists of three sprints.
We strive to have strong and empowered teams that takes full responsibility and get the needed support from the trains and management, where communication and collaboration are essential to be successful. To be able to play in a team is a must.
• Master of Science in data computing or equivalent.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in C++ programming and a true developer craftsmanship.
• Good knowledge and skills in Java, Python and Linux.
• Common database knowledge.
• Good knowledge and clear interests in unit testing and builds including pipes and CI/CD.
• A team player with high integrity.
• Experience in using and understanding agile methodology.
• Fluency in English (our corporate language), spoken and written.
• Embraces speaking out, playing fair, teaming up and having fun which are some of our company values.
Good to have:
• Interest in functional programming.
• Design and implementation of domain specific languages.
• Interest in data modelling, concurrency and memory management
At Jeppesen in Gothenburg, more than 350 employees from over 30 countries develop, implement and support cutting-edge resource optimization systems for airlines and railways. We solve some of the most intricate problems you can imagine – in one of the most exciting and dynamic industries you can find.
Jeppesen’s crew and fleet management Systems are mainly developed in Gothenburg, with support from our offices in Montreal, Singapore, and New York. Jeppesen has 3,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA. Founded on the production of aeronautical charts, the company celebrated 80 years of guiding pilots safely to their destinations in 2014.
Jeppesen is a subsidiary of Boeing and key part of Boeing Digital Aviation, the world’s leading aerospace company. Boeing is headquartered in Chicago, U.S.A., employing more than 160 000 people in 70 countries.