- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source Eric in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Software Developer.
Description of directorate/division
You will join the Integrated Control System division, which is designing, constructing, commissioning and operating the control systems for the ESS facility. The Control system can be described as the "Central nervous system" of the ESS facility that monitors and controls most of the operational aspects. We cover a wide range of sensing, control and automation technology from highly customized electronics specific for ESS applications to advanced software systems. The Controls Software Group within the ICS division has the responsibility to deliver relevant software components and solutions for many aspects of the ESS control system.
Your responsibilities will include:
As a graphical user interface designer you will be contributing to the graphical look and feel, the homogeneity, the coherence and improvements of usability of the operator interfaces that is deployed to run the ESS Accelerator facility.
More specifically, you will be working with our Control System Studio (CS-Studio) application in building, reviewing and updating operator interfaces according to our system integrators requirements.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have a passion for creating great user experiences
- have excellent UI design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- have the ability to present his/her designs and sell his/her solutions to various stakeholders
- have the ability to solve problems in a creative and effective way
- be up-to-date with the latest UI-trends, techniques and technologies
- have an education in interaction design or the equivalent knowledge
- have excellent communications skills in English
- have the ability to work well with others in the team
- be prepared to contribute to trainings for our CS-studio users
- have strong communication and presentation skills, demonstrating ability to articulate
his/her designs to other members of the team?
Experience in working with tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle or other visual design and wire framing tools is considered a merit.
Our work environment is characterized by fast growth, fast pace of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds. In this growing organization you will have the possibility to take part in developing new routines and processes. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What to include in the application
When sending in your application, please also include work that you have done (student portfolio/portfolio) or links to work that others have done that you think are done the way it should be done.
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
Duration & Location
This position is a three year contract. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
The deadline for applications is 19th November 2018.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process. For further information regarding the position, please contact recruiting manager Susanne Regnell, susanne.regnell[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Jasleen Chhabda, jaslee.chhabda[at]esss.se.