- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you truly business minded with a passion for customers and cars? Do you want to reach the corporate targets and your personal goals together with other people? Then Product Strategy & Vehicle Line Management is the place for you to prosper. Here, you will be a key contributor to the next generation of premium cars from Volvo. You are part of a global team with the business responsibility for all new and current car matters – from early strategic work, throughout the lifecycle to end of life of the cars. This includes challenging areas such as product planning, product definition and vehicle program management including special products.
The Engine Transmission group is part of the Dressed Engine Section of the Propulsion Power System department at Propulsion, Research and Development. The group's responsibility is to develop FEAD drive (Front End Auxiliary Drive), TVD/Decoupler and the CAM drive (synchronization between crankshaft and cam shafts).
The Cam drive team is responsible for the engine transmission in all the current engines as well as new engine projects with the responsibility for designing, developing and verifying systems and components. You will work with the latest technology in order to reach the future characteristics and requirements in a very exciting field.
Develop new plug-in modules for our Timing drive system software written in JAVA.
* First module should be a Monte Carlo algorithm to calculate the probability of belt tracking based on component and shaft/surface miss-alignment.
* Second module should be an application where the software calculates the NVH impact of different timing drive layouts in regards to engine temperature variations.
* Third module is to develop a standalone belt drive that does not utilize a tensioner in the layout. System pretension is generated purely based on static pretension and temperature variation.
This thesis will be a software development challenge as well as giving great experiences working with different departments within Powertrain Propulsion Systems at Volvo Car Cooperation.
1. Study and understand a timing drive system and the existing software
2. Research and develop the algorithms/codes needed
3. Develop the module
4. Compare calculated results with real life data and other available simulation software
5. Validate/analyze the module
6. Present and document results
* M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar.
* Have a structured approach and ability to work independently.
* Knowledge in Java
* Knowledge in Probability theory and statistics.
* 20w, 30 ECT,
* Start date to be agreed but work to be done during 2018
* Work to be done at dep. 97696 Engine Transmission, Volvo Car Corporation, Gothenburg
If you have any questions please contact:
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.