Truecaller was founded in June 2009 and with our application we have taken the world by storm. Currently we have more than 65 million people doing more than 600 million searches of telephone numbers every month, making Truecaller the world's largest verified mobile phone community!
Truecaller is available on the web and as an app for the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60, Series 40 and Windows Phone.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a system administrator to join our team. You will get the opportunity to use your Linux knowledge in our backend system that daily handles several millions HTTP-connections. You will work together with our current system administrator and in close cooperation with all team members.
Your responsibilities and goals
• Help the infrastructure team to build new servers and let them in circulation
• Actively monitor the servers for routine maintenance needs and also unpredictable trends/issues
• Provide feedback to the backend development team about performance metrics
• Automate the tasks needed to assist business decision makers inside the company
• Support the employees about their infrastructure needs taking security and best-practices into consideration
What we want you to have
• Hands-on working experience with Linux based systems in web based application stacks for at least 5 years (knowing the Debian-way is a plus)
• Strong knowledge of MySql administration (Not data modeling as a DBA, but all the other day-to-day operations and performance enhancements. Note: We use MariaDB)
• Practical toolset and knowledge to isolate the problem when in troubleshooting mode, meaning that you have to be curious and educated about operating system inner workings
• Knowledge of how complex systems work and troubleshooting them when needed
• Active work experience from JVM based systems
• Active work experience from LAMP based systems
• Familiarity with development and deployment lifecycles, continuous integration and change management
• Experience in building and maintaining mid-sized IP networks
• Good shell scripting skills, it's a plus if able to read and understand PHP and/or java code
What we need you to be
• Paranoid and proactive about monitoring and automation
• A Unix superstar looking for a scene to play on
• Fluent in English, in both writing and speaking
• Eager and passionate about working in a small but fast-growing company
Your true personality
• Results oriented
• Team player
• Polite and respectful
• Honest and trustworthy
What we feel passionate about
Truecaller is growing rapidly and facing many exciting projects and opportunities. We are funded by Sequoia Capital, giving us access to the knowledge capital from the world’s most renowned startups. Our truly global team consists of the very best in each area of responsibility, and comes from all over the world to be part of the Truecaller success story. We are all highly motivated to do effective team work and share the same values; we respect each other, we work hard and efficient, we have fun and last but not least, we are what we call in Sweden “Prestigeless” (Prestigelös), which is key in an ambitious and fast-growing company.
Being a small and agile organization we focus more on the product and our users than on processes and policies. Every team member voice their opinion and ideas and are part of building and shaping our Truecaller vision and culture. At Truecaller we don’t go to work because we have to, we go to work because we want to. Truecaller is our passion!
• This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
• You need a Swedish or European work permit to apply for this role
• We only handle applications that are submitted in English
• We don't handle applications sent to email
If you have any questions regarding Truecaller or the position, please contact our Recruitment & Employer Branding Specialist Maria Edwardsson on 076- 036 57 97 or [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!