- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
One cloud platform. One unique opportunity. Plenty of innovation.
Is your head in the cloud? Would you like to be part of building the most sought-after streaming service in the Nordics? Great, we might have the challenge for you! We’re currently looking for a Development Manager for our Cloud Platform Team to join our office in Stockholm. If this is you - go ahead and apply!
As a Development Manager, you will lead, motivate and empower the team to develop and operate a stable, highly scalable platform to host all OTT services at Viaplay. You will also develop and maintain the platform to deliver on Viaplay’s vision and strategy: being the premier video streaming service for both live and on-demand content.
Viaplay is built on a modern microservice architecture with most of the service implementation and video packaging platform hosted on AWS. Our in-house platform has an architecture customised to quickly build many different video-on-demand services (VOD) with different business models (e.g. Viaplay, Viafree, Viasport). The task of building a generic platform for developing VOD services with high demands on video quality, capacity and rapid scaling, creates a unique challenge for you to solve.
The challenge ahead
In this role you will lead and define the technical roadmap of the platform together with the architects and developments teams. You will also support the teams in making good technology choices when it comes to architecture and implementation, while prioritising security, deployment, quality and high availability.
- Lead and motivate individual team members and empower them to perform innovative high quality contributions
- To encourage innovation, quality and usage of contemporary software development practices in the wider development organisation
We are looking for someone to tackle the challenge of continuously developing and pro-actively improving the platform. This requires a keen pragmatic mind with deep understanding of the various technology solutions and architectural options to build contemporary highly resilient cloud based services.
- Experience of working with complex problems in a cloud environment
- Extensive experience of AWS and microservices infrastructure
- Experience of at least two of the following programming languages: Node.js, Python, Java, PHP, Go
- Strong leadership abilities and experience
- Fluent in both English and Swedish
- Experience with Docker
- Container management, for instance Kubernetes, EC2 Container Service
- Deployment and configuration management tools, for instance Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible or Terraform
Viaplay is the leading online service for TV, film and sports in the Nordic countries. We offer the most popular TV series including Black List, How I met your mother and Empire, a vast international movie catalogue and a world-class selection of live sports events including Premier League, Champions League and NHL. Moreover we offer Viaplay Original Series including Veni Vidi Vici, Advokaten and Hassel. Viaplay is available on a wide variety of devices including desktop, smartphones, tablets, game consoles, Apple TV, Chromecast and smart TVs. Viaplay is a subscription and transactional video on demand services meaning that users can either purchase access to content through a monthly subscription or rent and buy movies.