- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Transcoding Software Engineer
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Transcoding Software Engineer to help us to further develop our ingestion, transcoding and distribution of live and VOD media.
The mission of the Media Pipeline team is to provide the best possible end-user experience with respect to audio/video quality, live delay and uninterrupted playback. Magine’s platform is utilized by business partners to distribute a rapidly increasing number of live TV channels and VOD titles on a global scale. Working with our custom made toolchain based on open source tools and libraries we are able to support a wide range of devices using different streaming protocols and DRM solutions making this possible.
• Design and build scalable, fault tolerant and highly available distributed systems for media ingestion, transcoding and delivery.
• Optimize our toolchain for best user experience, performance and cost efficiency.
• Help and collaborate with other people inside and outside the team.
This job requires ability to dive into low level details about audio/video compression, formats and protocols as well as network protocols and Linux internals. But if you are passionate about those things, we can offer you an environment where you can thrive and contribute to the core technology that is essential to our business.
• Interest in working with distributed, fault-tolerant systems
• Experience with working with different network protocol such as TCP, unicast, multicast.
• Experience with Python, Cythan or Elixir
• Experience with Linux servers
• Good understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms
We think it is a plus if you also have experience with:
• C, RUST or Go Programming language
• Video and audio compression (MPEG-2, H.264, H.265, AAC, AC3, MPEG-2 Audio)
• Video and audio formats (MPEG-TS, ISOBMFF, ADTS, MXF)
• Adaptive bitrate streaming protocols (HLS, SmoothStreaming, MPEG-DASH)
• DRM systems (Widevine Modular, PlayReady, FairPlay)
• Applied Cryptography
• Cloud compeering (AWS, Google cloud or similar)
Contact and Application
In this recruitment process Magine is cooperating with Dfind IT. Please submit your application as soon as possible. The interview process is ongoing, so please send in your application through our website http://www.dfind.se/it . If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact recruitment consultant Marcus Grahn at [email protected]
Magine delivers entertaining video content to audiences across the world. We are a global service for streaming platforms and OTT solutions that began operations in Sweden in 2012. Our consumer services, Magine TV and Plejmo, are the missing link between traditional broadcasting and the rapidly evolving app-based and online viewing habits that now dominate the market. Today they deliver live and on-demand video content to users across Germany and Scandinavia. In 2016 we launched our B2B division, Magine Digital Media, which offers end-to-end OTT solutions and services to players in the global TV market, with customers in Europe, China, the Middle East and Africa.