- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Research and Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Do you have a genuine interest for testing? Are you ready for a new challenge?
The department Electrical Systems Design is responsible for the entire electrical system. Electrical Systems Design consists of seven sections and the group Analysis and Verification base tech is a part of the section System Verification, which is responsible for testing all base technologies in the electrical platform. Base tech testing means integration testing and system testing.
We are now increasing the area of wireless communication technologies, including Wi-Fi, LTE, BLE, V2X and future 5G for automotive. We are now looking for verification engineer to be part of the wireless communication base tech team.
The connected car is one of the main focus areas at Volvo Cars and aims to deliver the next generation of connected vehicles and services. The wireless communications will be important technical support for this concept.
* Your task will be to validate the wireless communication concept in different car models in terms of the requirement of both the end customers and internal stakeholders
* Research on continuous improvement of the test methods
* Execute both lab test with simulation model and filed test in a real car for the validation
* Take the responsibility to writing test specification and validate the solution you will need to establish a good contact network in the VCC organization both requirement and testing wise
* B.Sc. or M.Sc. within Electronics, Physics, Computer science or equivalent
* Good knowledge of telecommunication technologies
* Good knowledge of wireless communication channel models
* Basic knowledge of the antenna theory
* Basic knowledge of the network protocols
* Certified by “International Software Testing Qualifications Board” (ISTQB) is meritorious
* Experience in programming languages such as Matlab/Python/C++ is meritorious
* Fluent in English, written and spoken
* Valid driving license “B”
You are social and communicative person, able to act pro-actively and with your own drive. We need you to be self-going, with positive and proactive approach. Further, in following up the work we need you to be well structured and organized.
If you have any additional questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Hanni Godoy, Hiring manager, +46 31 325 18 68. Regarding recruitment process please contact Martina Damis, Recruiter, +46 72 888 98 79. Your application should include CV and cover letter and should be written in English. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via Volvo Cars Carrier portal, as possible but no later than February 20, 2018.
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.