- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
With local presence in 150 countries, in excess of 30 billion SEK in annual turnover and more than one Terabyte of machine data generated every second, Sandvik Machining Solutions is a world leader in engineering solutions for manufacturing. With our brand recognition and global reach, we want to democratize access to manufacturing, putting world-leading industrial know-how at the fingertips of any digital transformation inside industrial markets around the world. To do so, we created CODE.
Sandvik Center of Digital Excellence (CODE) is a new, bold take on industrial digitization, tasked with the mission to design, build and deploy innovative, digital-first solutions to help solve the most important challenges our customers face. CODE is uniquely positioned to combine Sandvik’s deep industrial expertise with cutting-edge advances in machine learning, artificial intelligence and digital user experiences to create compelling, customer centric solutions to big problems.
We’re looking for a Senior Computational Geometry Engineer to join us in Stockholm, as we strive toward shaping the way industrial companies take on digital transformation. Together with a dynamic team of entrepreneurs, designers and engineers, you work at the intersection of CAD and CAM to help design tools that streamline the process of determining the manufacturability of products for subtractive and additive manufacturing. Your work will help free up valuable time for small and medium-sized industrial companies all over the world, allowing them to focus on the work that truly matters to them.
As a team, we are deeply committed to transform the way products are manufactured, as well as to Sandvik’s approach to solving challenging problems through digital means. We view integrity, openness and accountability as cornerstones in our ability to deliver value in both the short and long term. Our operational model is rooted in design thinking, and we work closely with customers, partners and internal Sandvik teams to ideate, prototype and iterate concepts at a rapid pace. We exponentially scale only the solutions we can prove to drive substantial value creating for our customers – nothing else matters.
In this position, your responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and documenting computational geometry algorithms inside CODE’s portfolio of digital services
- Working in close collaboration with CODE’s Data Science organization to combine geometric reasoning with state-of-the-art machine learning to drive customer benefits
- Mentoring, supporting and pairing program with junior engineers to help spread knowledge and coding best practices throughout Sandvik CODE
Your skills and qualifications
We are looking for someone with a BSc or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or another relevant field. As our team at Sandvik CODE is truly international, you need excellent skills in English, both verbally and in writing. Other requirements for this position are:
- A solid grasp of 2D and 3D vector algebra
- A strong understanding of convex optimization algorithms and related development kits, for example NL, GLPK and IPOPT
- Experience from solving complex computational geometry problems using tools such as CGAL, OpenMesh or libigl
- Experience with CPU and GPU optimization
Other skills that are advantageous for this role are:
- Experience from developing shaders and rendering applications
- Experience from working with OpenCL and CUDA
- Experience with compiled languages, such as C/C++
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2016, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 82 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.