- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Skype is software that enables the world?s conversations. Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages and share files with other Skype users.
The Business Specific brief :
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test whose main task will be to ensure the high quality of our audio library.
The position involves working closely together with other software developers and requires a high degree of cross company communication. While some of the work will be manual, you will predominantly design, implement, use and improve automated test systems whenever possible. You?ll also setup and perform dedicated feature and release candidate testing.
As well as working with bug reports and software developers, you?ll be working with desktop platforms as well as embedded devices. You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team that was a passion for audio and bleeding edge technology. With Skype being the state-of-the-art communication solution of today, you will be the ambassador of quality on the audio side.
The work in the Stockholm office is an inspiring, challenging and very international atmosphere with the chance to work across a huge amount of cross-departmental collaborations and opportunities.
- Work closely with software developers and other departments to improve product quality
- Design, execute and document test cases for the Skype audio stack on multiple platforms (from desktop to embedded)
- Test the audio components on a wide variety of platforms/computer/environmental setups
- Build up, maintain and run automated and manual test environments for hardware and software compatibility and performance tests
- Explore and innovate - to identify weaknesses and possible improvements for the audio experience with Skype.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- M.Sc. degree in EE/CS or equivalent with relevant courses in Signal Processing
- 1-2 years knowledge of audio signal processing and coding (relevant education and experience)
- Knowledge about PC and audio components such as storage media, sound cards, loudspeakers, microphones, headsets etc. and their interaction
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks especially with respect to real-time communication constraints
- Knowledge of typical constraints on embedded platforms
- You are tech-savy yet can set yourself in an end user's position
Big plus if you have:
- Sound Engineering background - you know what factors influence sound quality
- Good knowledge in C/C++ and MATLAB
- Good knowledge in script languages such as Perl, Python and test automation experience
- Experience of developing and testing under real time requirements
- Good knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Good knowledge of mobile device operating systems (iOS, Windows Mobile/Phone, Android)
- Experience with bug tracking systems (e.g. Bugzilla, JIRA) and revision control systems.
Requirements that apply to all Software Development Engineer in Test:
- Knowledge of quality engineering and testing methodology and processes
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple and diverse tasks
- Manage your own time and tasks efficiently so that you meet the deadlines
- A 'can-do' attitude and a serious desire to have an impact on changing the way people communicate