- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry
Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from You!
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
The section Active Safety & Vehicle Dynamic Functions delivers world leading active safety and vehicle dynamics functions and has a clear ambition to extend the leadership in the future. The section consists of about 90 persons organized in four groups: SW Integration, Active Safety Functions, Vehicle Motion & Control and Brake Control Software.
The Function Owner leads the development and maintenance of a function over the complete function life cycle. As a Function Owner, you will work in all phases of the function development, this includes dialog with different stakeholders within Volvo Cars, benchmarking, strategy work, documentation, requirements definition, system safety investigations, planning of function development and verification, review of communication material and customer vehicle quality follow up.
We are now looking for Function Owners in several areas in different groups:
-Function Owner autonomous Lateral Control
-Function Owner Vehicle State Estimation
-Function Owner Active Safety Functions
The group Vehicle Motion & Control is responsible for the development of functions and software within the area of vehicle dynamics and motion control. This area covers both normal driving control e.g. autonomous longitudinal- and lateral control, limit handling control e.g. ESC control and vehicle state estimation e.g. mass, friction estimation. We develop software and functions in-house and together with our suppliers. We are today about 20 persons working as software/function developers, function designers and function owners within the group.
The group Active Safety Functions:
Active Safety Functions design is responsible to maintain active safety functionality and driver support functions, which includes all functions that supports the driver in her/his daily driving from parking to highway driving. The aim is to make all phases of driving more comfortable and relaxed, to avoid critical traffic situations if the unexpected occurs and in the long term provide fully autonomous driving vehicles.
Active safety and driver support functions are crucial for Volvo in the aim to reach our 2 visions,
1. By 2020 no one should be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car.
2. To give back 1 week quality time per-year through a new Volvo car by 2025.
Are you looking for a position where you can develop your leadership skills, continue to build on your technical skills as well as building and maintaining a network that includes people from several areas inside and outside the company? Then you should seriously consider one of the positions above.
* Lead the cross functional function development including function design, function verification and functional safety in all projects
* Lead the maintenance work for the function
* Develop a long term strategy for the function
* Monitor and analyze competitors and customer feedback.
* Sign off function status during development
* Actively participate in verification activities.
* Work cross functional the organisation
* Create and review customer information and communication
* Perform system safety analysis and documentation
* Create and maintain FDR (Function Description and Requirements)
* Create and maintain AVB (Verification Plan) on system- and complete vehicle level including all analysis and verification activities, regarding the function, both generic and per program
* M.Sc. (or similar) in Control Theory, Mechatronics, Vehicle Dynamics or similar
* Experience from research and development within relevant technical area
* Good practice in reading, defining and writing requirements
* Experience of System Weaver (or other requirement tool)
* Excellent skills in English, both verbally and in writing
* Driver´s license type B
* Experience of Volvo Cars organization and business functions
* Experience from vehicle testing in relevant technical area
* Experince of ISO26262
* Experience of Simulink/Matlab
The Function Owner is communicative, has a natural capability to put the customer in centre and to be accurate and effective. Volvo Cars is moving fast and the Function Owner must aim high, act proactive, nimble and be perceptive.
Location for this position is within Gothenburg. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English latest June 30.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Anders Peterson, Manager Vehicle Motion & Control, [email protected]
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Feven Selassie, Senior Recruiter, [email protected]
Please note that we do not accept applications via email!
Andra webbjobb i Göteborg
- Systemutvecklare / Lösningsarkitekt till Limab
- Mjukvaruutvecklare i Java till DevPort i Göteborg!
- Digital redaktör till P3 i Göteborg
- Team Lead till nytt utvecklingsteam inom CYBER SECURITY
- Mjukvaruutvecklare till projekt med Python-programmering!