- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Truecaller was founded in June 2009 and with our application we have taken the world by storm. Currently we have more than 65 million people doing more than 600 million searches of telephone numbers every month, making Truecaller the world's largest verified mobile phone community!
Truecaller is available on the web and as an app for the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60, Series 40 and Windows Phone.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Database Administrator with strong skills in MySQL and a passion for security and best practice. You will be responsible for the database clusters in a high availability environment in close collaboration with our System Administrators and Site Reliability Engineers. You thrive in fast-growing and dynamic environments where you can be part of a talented, international team. We will give you the opportunity to make a difference, develop your skills and, together with our Backend and System Administration Team, improve our database for more than 55 million users.
Your responsibilities and goals
• Install and upgrade database servers, in collaboration with the Sys Admin team, in order to pro-actively prevent database downtime
• Collaborate with the development teams in order to optimize database schemes for the foreseen/encountered data access characteristics
• Prototype different schemes with different index structures to compare for the best schema fit for the services shipped by the development team
• Maintain system security, follow best practices and work closely with operational System Administration team in order to make sure that we have a consistent structure over database clusters
• Handle storage and capacity planning
• Provide developers and architects with estimates regarding data size and disk IO load
• Support system architects with planning of clustering and splitting data bases
• Analyze data together with the sys admin team, in order to understand corrupt data, check integrity and help teams recover data if needed
• Monitor, analyze and act upon abrupt changes in hardware utilization time-series graphs
What we want you to have
• 5+ years of experience as a Database Administrator, preferably within MySQL
• Strong knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving issues regarding security, connectivity, performance, replication, blocking and database integrity
• Active work experience in performance tuning and query optimization
• Hands-on experience in detecting and troubleshooting server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
• Strong knowledge of index management and statistics
• Excellent documentation skills for processes and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of high availability, redundancy, capacity planning and recovery
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent English skills, in both talking and writing
Nice to have’s
• Knowledge of ETL processes
Your true personality
• Results oriented
• Team player
• Polite and respectful
• Honest and trustworthy
What we feel passionate about
Truecaller is growing rapidly and facing many exciting projects and opportunities. We are funded by Sequoia, giving us access to the knowledge capital from the world’s most renowned startups. Our truly global team consists of the very best in each area of responsibility, and comes from all over the world to be part of the Truecaller success storyWe are all highly motivated to do effective team work and share the same values; we respect each other, we work hard and efficient, we have fun and last but not least, we are what we call in Sweden “Prestigeless” (Prestigelös), which is key in an ambitious and fast-growing company.
Being a small and agile organization we focus more on the product and our users than on processes and policies. Every team member voice their opinion and ideas and are part of building and shaping our Truecaller vision and culture. At Truecaller we don’t go to work because we have to, we go to work because we want to. Truecaller is our passion!
• This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
• You need a Swedish or European work permit to apply for this role
• We only handle applications that are submitted in English
• We don't handle applications sent to email
If you have any questions regarding Truecaller or the position, please contact our Recruitment & Employer Branding Specialist Maria Edwardsson on 076- 036 57 97 or [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!