- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Expansive Worlds innovates within games, developing self-published, digitally distributed, state-of-the-art immersive experiences using the proprietary Avalanche Engine, spanning PC, web, mobile and social media. Expansive Worlds form Avalanche Studios casual and online games division with a strong focus on community-driven subscription-based titles. The company’s first release is the critically acclaimed free-to-play hunting game, theHunter and having a growing repertoire with games including theHunter Primal and further undisclosed titles.
Expansive Worlds is looking for a talented and established Frontend Developer interested to be an integrated part of the design and development of our current and upcoming titles.
As a frontend developer at Expansive Worlds you will take an important role in developing and driving user interface and the web platform built around theHunter, theHunter Primal and our upcoming games. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who dreams about working in the games industry and wants to be part of a young, modern and flexible organisation. Your responsibilities will include suggesting, scoping and implementing new features in our web app which is built on Backbone.js/Marionette, RequireJS and Handlebars. You will be taking our products from prototype all the way through to a final implementation. Additionally you will have a key role in the continued integration of web based features within our current and future games, with a large emphasis on UI. You will have the chance to influence our games with your own ideas, and we believe that it will be to your advantage if you are passionate about games.
- Experience working as a front end developer or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS and DOM-scripting
- A keen interest in web design and UI/UX
- Solid understanding of HTTP, browser environments and web performance
- Documented experience working with single page web applications
- Experience from at least one popular web application framework like Backbone.js, Angular or Ember
- Keen interest playing games of different genres
- Experience working with Cloud Services
- Experience working with map libraries like Leaflet.js or Google Maps
- Experience working with front end tool pipelines like RequireJS, Bower, Grunt and LESS/Sass
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting/programming languages
- Experience working with both SQL and NOSQL databases
- Experience working with test driven front end development using e.g Jasmine, Mocha, QUnit or similar
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, add a link to your online portfolio in your resume. To apply for this position please follow the link below. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and is currently hard at work on Mad Max (published by Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment) and Just Cause 3. We develop games based on our proprietary technology, the Avalanche Engine, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
In addition to creating blockbuster AAA games, Avalanche Studios is continuously exploring other aspects of the industry. We scaled our trademark explosive action down for the hit XBLA/PSN game Renegade Ops. We are currently working on our first mobile project. And through our subsidiary Expansive Worlds, we have reached more than 2 million registered players for the most realistic hunting simulation in the world, aptly titled theHunter.
Avalanche Studios was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg, and established a US presence in New York City in 2011. It goes without saying that team members have the opportunity to exchange ideas, visit or even move between our studios.
We consider people our most valuable resource and work hard to ensure their health and happiness. We believe in a sound work/life balance and go to great lengths to protect this often championed but rarely realized concept.
Avalanche Studios is built on the belief in an open and friendly company atmosphere coupled with a truly flat organization. There are no closed offices at either the Stockholm or New York studios. All projects are run in cross functional teams. Sharing and collaborating is at the heart of everything we do.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.