- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Truecaller was founded in June 2009 and with our application we have taken the world by storm. Currently we have more than 65 million people doing more than 600 million searches of telephone numbers every month, making Truecaller the world's largest verified mobile phone community!
Truecaller is available on the web and as an app for the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60, Series 40 and Windows Phone.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team and help us make our application faster and more reliable. You will get the opportunity to use your Linux knowledge in addition to system development experience in our backend system that daily handles several millions HTTP-connections. You will work together with our current system administrator and in close cooperation with backend developer team members.
Responsibilities and goals
• Handle the tooling and knowledge transfer around monitoring systems, development pipelines and business intelligence post-processing of data. Each responsibility area does have a dedicated experienced team working on it for day-to-day developments, but the "system reliability engineer" should communicate with and assist them on their short-term obstacles/needs.
• Assist the CTO for the long-term decisions based on empirical data from the infrastructure
• Work on defining and monitoring performance metrics, involve in product cycles in order to protect and improve overall system stability
• Come up with ideas and optimizations which can provide insights to the system architect roles
• Provide good isolation (decoupling) by using best practices and tools
• Work side by side with the system administrator team in order to relate performance metrics to hardware and software changes
What we want you to have
• A confident system admin looking forward to have the opportunity to excel in scalable system development domain or vice versa is a very strong profile match
• Habit of proactively instrument, measure and monitor parts of the systems and be creative about improvement paths
• Good skills of task management and communicating. This role is expected to form and lead a team around itself
• Strong knowledge in system theory, decoupling components and change management in a fast growing company
• Good amount of fundamental knowledge about data structures and algorithms
• Good understanding of KISS and YAGNI principles
• Prior experience in site reliability roles is a big plus, but can be substituted by "skills+ambition" quite easily
• Experience with JVM based systems and general understanding of how garbage collectors work
• Good knowledge of relational databases, hands-on experience with MySql/MariaDB tooling is a significant plus
• Excellent English skills, in both writing and speaking
Your true personality
• Results oriented
• Team player
• Polite and respectful
• Honest and trustworthy
What we feel passionate about
Truecaller is growing rapidly and facing many exciting projects and opportunities. We are funded by Sequoia Capital, giving us access to the knowledge capital from the world’s most renowned startups. Our truly global team consists of the very best in each area of responsibility, and comes from all over the world to be part of the Truecaller success story. We are all highly motivated to do effective team work and share the same values; we respect each other, we work hard and efficient, we have fun and last but not least, we are what we call in Sweden “Prestigeless” (Prestigelös), which is key in an ambitious and fast-growing company.
Being a small and agile organization we focus more on the product and our users than on processes and policies. Every team member voice their opinion and ideas and are part of building and shaping our Truecaller vision and culture. At Truecaller we don’t go to work because we have to, we go to work because we want to. Truecaller is our passion!
• This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
• You need a Swedish or European work permit to apply for this role
• We only handle applications that are submitted in English
• We don't handle applications sent to email
If you have any questions regarding Truecaller or the position, please contact our Recruitment & Employer Branding Specialist Maria Edwardsson on 076- 036 57 97 or [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!