- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Let’s be honest, making games are hard and programming an engine is even harder. It’s a collision of art and technology that’s about as predictable as a tornado. There’s no secret formula, no foolproof blueprint, only passion and hard work. Do you recognise yourself? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Game Engine Programmer to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm.
As an Engine Programmer in Starbreeze you will work in a collaborative and creative work environment and look to push the boundaries of cutting edge hardware. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end techniques applicable to large-scale environments will be part of your daily work.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Design and implement engine subsystems and features based on game and technical requirements
- Optimize engine subsystems by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Supervise junior or mid-level programmers as required
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
You have at least 5 years of programming experience on commercial software projects and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience. Preferably you have prior experience working as a game engine programmer on at least one production game engine. You have experience with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Experience with multithreaded and multiprocessor programming
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS4, XBOX One)
- Expert knowledge of C++ especially C++11 language features
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 will be a plus (able to create custom features and functions)
- Experience in a scripting language is a plus, but not requirement.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Comfortable with Perforce, and familiar with other version control systems
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.