- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Do you have a passion to bring OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead to…er, life? Are you a passionate gamer, have an ability to convey abstract concepts and the drive to make the level design top notch? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is looking for a Level Designer to join our award-winning team in Stockholm.
As a Level Designer you will create concepts, paper designs and white-boxes of levels within established sets of rules for OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead. You will work with the Lead Level Designer and the Senior Level Designers to ensure the overall vision of the project is represented on the game levels. You will be involved in all the steps of the level production from the initial layout, prototyping, gameplay validation phase and into final gameplay implementation and optimization phase.
You will develop the maps within the gameplay system constraints, always seeking to ensure the requested rhythm, difficulty, planned script … while keeping it “fun”.
- Create concepts, paper designs and white-boxes of levels within established sets of rules, in order to produce interesting locations, objectives, puzzles, narrative elements and challenging AI encounters that utilize the core mechanics of the game
- Hands-on development of level layouts through all stages of development. You will own and implement levels from concept to final
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure levels maintain a high quality in design, art, animation, visual effects, lighting and sounds
- Participate in design and level design sessions to understand the outline of the game experience
- Communicate your designs to the team and ensure consistency with the Lead Designer/ Lead Level Designer‘s vision
- Help to maintain and prioritize backlogs and polish lists for your levels
- Participate in feedback of other designers’ work
You have at least 1 year experience as a level Designer and one shipped “AAA” title. Solid game industry experience designing solo, multiplayer and co-op levels. You have an excellent sense of 3D game space, gameflow and difficulty tuning with a strong knowledge in professional level design tools. You have experience in designing, building, populating and scripting complex interactivity for next generation products. You are open-minded, adapt to feedback and understand iterative processes. You might have a degree or experience in art, interior or industrial design and you are fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Working knowledge of 3D tools (Maya, 3ds Max, SketchUp)
- Working knowledge of 2D tools to create 2D maps (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of first person shooter games
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Creativity, critical and analytical sense, structure, and an eye for detail
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- A passion for gaming
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.