- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Want to drive digital change in automotive?
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking. Volvo Cars have an ambitious growth plan for connected functionality and autonomous drive.
What we offer
You will become a member of an agile development team with great team spirit, the Software Download (SWDL) team. The team is responsible for designing and verifying SWDL technologies, the base technology used by ECU’s to download software in our factories, at workshops and at end-customers. With your contributions to the area you will be recognized as an important player in the SWDL field.
In this position you will build and maintain a wide personal network with designers within almost all system areas of the vehicle, as well as manufacturing and customer service departments. As a part of our team, you get access to long term development opportunities in a dynamic and continuously growing field, where you have a strong direct influence on customer satisfaction.
In our daily work, we are working according to the SAFe framework with 12 weeks program increment. The SWDL team is part of the agile release train Enabling Base Technology, which forms the fundament for all electronic control units in the entire electrical system.
The position is located in one of Volvo Cars’ development centres in Gothenburg.
What you’ll do
You get inspired by our mission to give our customers a better car experience every day. You will use your deep knowledge to create and enhance the SWDL technologies in the vehicle and surrounding systems. Your main responsibilities together with the team includes
* Develop SWDL technologies for electronic control units (ECU) regarding both SW & HW
* Supply, analyse and evaluate proposals to new or revised technical solutions to improve the base technology
* Working with SWDL testing activities and update of test methods, tools & processes
* Working with and spread knowledge to our implementation teams, suppliers, verification teams, manufacturing engineering, aftermarket and IT department.
You and your skills
You use your skills and your passion as software engineer to expand your technical insights and to build and maintain a network that includes people from all areas in the company. You are curious and want to contribute to develop our base technologies. Driven by customer focus you get things done. You are committed to high delivery quality, and have the ability to proceed your work without having all facts at hand before you start. You are flexible and have excellent communication and documentation skills. You have a positive attitude and are a team player. You are experienced with agile development and familiar with software development best practices.
We believe that you have following basic skills and qualifications:
* M.Sc or B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
* Knowledge of distributed electrical systems and electrical architecture
* Experience from SW, HW or system development
* Fluent language skills in English, both in written and oral form.
With following preferred skills and qualifications:
* Experience in SWDL / bootloader development
* Experience in programming languages such as C/C++ and Python.
* Experience of one or several tools such as: Vector tool CANalyzer and CANoe
* Experience within Volvo Cars
* Knowledge in base tech areas: SWDL, NM, Diagnostics, Communication such as CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, LVDS, TCP/IP communication
* Swedish driver license (B)
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact team manager Stefan Andreasson, at mobile +46 723 716344 or by e-mail [email protected]