- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Automotive, Manufacturing
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
It's not about cars. It's about people.
Our human-centric focus is what makes us different from all other car companies, and it’s at the heart of everything we create. If you want to join us in our mission to make people’s lives less complicated, we offer you a chance to grow together with talented people who want to make a true difference.
What do we offer?
The recently started section Human-Centric Lab within Product & Quality at Volvo Cars is responsible for increasing the focus on human-centric research and perspectives by realising the Human-Centric Lab ideas; to combine physical and virtual product development and experimental research. The challenge consists of increasing the speed to reaching results and recommendations in the field of human factors development. Reflecting the expectations and needs of our future customers.
Are you passionate about both customers and human-cantered behaviours and would like to have an impact of the future cars at Volvo? Would you like to join the development within the Human-Centric Lab, drive innovation and help contribute to breakthrough experiences for thousands of our end customers worldwide? We are now looking for an agile Software Prototyper with a human-centric mind set to influence, collaborate and team up with our multi-disciplined teams, to be based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
What you’ll do
As a Software Prototyper, you have a professional experience in different prototyping techniques. You need to have a good understanding of UI and UX design to enable in-depth sparring with UI/UX designers in your team. It is also important that you know when to do proper software design, and when to make a quick “just good enough” implementation keeping the purpose in mind.
We typically work cross-functional, meaning that your implementation of digital concepts and prototypes may span across different on-board domains such as Android Embedded, Driver Information, Infotainment, Connectivity and other car related functions e.g. for Safety and autonomous vehicles.
You are going to be part of a strong team that consists of technical experts and attribute leaders in close co-operation with other experts and competence centres. Your responsibilities will be:
* Build digital on-screen visual prototypes using Java, HTML, C++ and/or the Android tool set
* Create in-car prototypes that connect to either new or existing physical components
* Connect to the car’s internal network with quick mock-ups using e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi
* Connect and integrate with various cloud services
* Collaborate and work together with our test object engineers and specialists connected to the HCLab
Do you fit the profile?
We are looking for someone who is open minded, communicative and a great team player. It is also important that you are end-costumer focused, with a strong interest in creating the best user experiences. Finally, we would also like you to be self-driven, proactive and show sense for deliveries, including the skill to summarize and present status of your work.
* University degree in Software and/or Electrical Engineering or similar relevant experience
* Experience in software development (Java, C/C++, Swift, Matlab/Simulink etc)
* Experience in script programming (Python, Bash, etc)
* Experience with OS based on Unix (Linux, MacOS)
* Experience in working with prototype hardware and ability to write software
* Networking know-how, (TCP, Sockets, MQTT)
* Experience from developing electronic and/or electro mechanical prototypes
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Driver’s license (B)
If you also have the following skills, we consider it to be highly meritorious:
* Good knowledge of automotive network topology and electrical architecture.
* In depth knowledge of automotive signal handling, with emphasis on LIN and FlexRay.
* Proficiency in working within the Vector toolchain; Vector boxes and CANoe.
* Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design
* Experience in Git
* Experience from working with agile development
* Experience of working in an international environment
Application and contact
Does this sound like your next challenge? Welcome with your application by submitting your resume and cover letter via the link below no later than 17th of August. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Human-Centric Lab, [email protected] or [email protected]. For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Andreas Antefelt ([email protected]).
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automotive industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.