- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Truecaller was founded in June 2009 and with our application we have taken the world by storm. Currently we have more than 65 million people doing more than 600 million searches of telephone numbers every month, making Truecaller the world's largest verified mobile phone community!
Truecaller is available on the web and as an app for the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60, Series 40 and Windows Phone.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an awesome Senior Java Developer / System Architect with experience in building high-performing, scalable, high-volume, low-latency applications to join our team.
You will be part of a talented, international software team in a technical lead role that works on mission-critical applications for more than 55 million users worldwide.
You will be responsible for Truecaller's backend application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. If you think that great engineering matters and if you are motivated by being around like-minded hackers, we would love to hear from you.
Being one of the key roles in our backend team, which has a huge growing potential, you will have the chance to build systems as well as build up great teams around you.
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance; from design of database schemas to implementation, testing and monitoring services within the responsibility area
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code, making sure to understand concurrency/contention, that we believe is one of the hardest things in programming. Knowing the fundamentals and being able to build up scalable systems on top of it is a key point for success
• Ensure that technical designs and implementations are in compliance with specifications. Being able to communicate technical aspects with engineering teams as we see communication skills just as important as good technical skills
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
What we want you to have
• 5+ years of hands-on Software Development experience in Java
• Knowledge in object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns. Good understanding of data structures, concurrency, time/space complexity and computer systems in general
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject such as mathematical fundamentals and/or main data structures. For us formal education is not key, we look at your practical skills and passion for development and system architecture
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms and its derivatives. Experience with alternative web based frameworks can also be substituted
• Profound insight of Java internals (Common design patterns and why/how to use/avoid them, Memory Management, Garbage Collection, Transaction management etc.)
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, storage engines, indexing and some form of SQL abstraction technology like ORM frameworks. Mysql specific knowledge is one of the key points for this job, since most of our data is stored and retrieved using Mysql (MariaDB to be exact)
• Good knowledge of concepts like SoC, IoC, KISS, YAGNII and alike. We believe that the tradeoff between design skills and pragmatism is the key to productivity for every programmer. The candidate MUST be in a healthy level for both sides
• Experience in developing web applications and REST based API services using at least one popular web framework (Drop wizard, Jersey, Play Framework, Grails, Spring MVC)
• Experience with test-driven development
• Good English skills, in both speaking and writing
• Swedish language skills is not required as our official company language is English (we will however encourage you to learn Swedish and provide Swedish lessons for free)
Your true personality
• Results oriented
• Team player
• Polite and respectful
• Honest and trustworthy
What we feel passionate about
Truecaller is growing rapidly and facing many exciting projects and opportunities. We are funded by Sequoia Capital, giving us access to the knowledge capital from the world’s most renowned startups. Our truly global team consists of the very best in each area of responsibility, and comes from all over the world to be part of the Truecaller success story. We are all highly motivated to do effective team work and share the same values; we respect each other, we work hard and efficient, we have fun and last but not least, we are what we call in Sweden “Prestigeless” (Prestigelös), which is key in an ambitious and fast-growing company.
Being a small and agile organization we focus more on the product and our users than on processes and policies. Every team member voice their opinion and ideas and are part of building and shaping our Truecaller vision and culture. At Truecaller we don’t go to work because we have to, we go to work because we want to. Truecaller is our passion!
• This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
• You need a Swedish or European work permit to apply for this role
• We only handle applications that are submitted in English
• We don't handle applications sent to email
If you have any questions regarding Truecaller or the position, please contact our Recruitment & Employer Branding Specialist Maria Edwardsson on 076- 036 57 97 or [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!