- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Mechanical Design Engineer position in the Engineering and Integration Support (EIS) Division.
Description of division
The EIS division is the central engineering and technical division providing transversal support and services to the ESS project and organization.
Description of main responsibilities
• Design of machine parts and components by means of CAD software
• Direct participation in the system assembly and installation operations: Activities and work can take place both in experimental underground areas and on surface assembly halls.
• Generation and updates of conceptual, draft, detailed and manufacturing 2D drawings and 3D models in CATIA
• Generate, maintain and update 2D drawings in CATIA environment and interact/archive them in the ESS in-house CAD management software tool
• Generate 2D design from 3D input
• Generate 3D model from 2D input
• Generate 2D design from Requirements input
• Assess responsibility of the so-called "design package" (dedicated design projects to be completed in a specified amount of time)
• Take responsibility for the design, evolution and support of hardware designs in various key components of the machine components
• Document and present the work as appropriate
• Follow-up manufacturing with industrial and In-Kind partners
We think that the successful candidate has the following background:
• Higher Technical or University engineering degree on mechanical design engineering or other equivalent engineering degree
• Minimum 2 years of CAD mechanical design engineering experience
• Minimum 2 years of working experience in CATIA design
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and its application to production drawings
• Technical competency on 3D & 2D technical drawing
• Experience and knowledge of technical documentation and configuration management will be an asset.
• Relevant experience in designing mechanical apparatuses fulfilling specific needs for accelerator and detector environments will be an asset
• Design in particular vacuum systems, accelerator systems and other related systems will be an asset
• Design calibration and maintenance process and test equipment and apparatuses will be an asset
• Knowledge of ISO tolerancing will be an asset
• Knowledge of basic engineering principles in related disciplines (i.e. civil, electrical etc.)
Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite and knowledge of Swedish would be an advantage.
What ESS can offer
ESS can offer you a variety of things, such as passionate colleagues, a vibrant melting pot of diversity, and a challenging and high paced work environment where our employees take great pride in designing and building a world leading facility for materials research.
Duration & Location
The position is a fixed term position of 2 years, with a possibility for one additional year. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website or ESS intranet. Internal candidates are encouraged to apply through the intranet.
The deadline for applications is 2018-09-16.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process in general, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Section Leader for Mechanical Engineering & Technology Section, Nick Gazis, nick.gazis[at]esss.se.
For trade union information please contact Unionen / Michela Dell'Anno Boulton at +46 46 888 30 72 or SACO / Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers/ Riccardo Bevilacqua +46 46 888 32 28.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer Tina Nilsson, tina.nilsson[at]esss.se.