- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Want to innovate to make life simpler?
At Volvo Cars, we’re on a mission to make people’s lives less complicated. We never start with technology and try to squeeze people in around it – we always design our cars around people, and we innovate to provide safe, sustainable and convenient mobility. Want to join us?
What you’ll do
The position is within Global Customer Service & Enterprise Digital and within the Service management area. We need to increase the VIDA development team by additional client developers to be able to successfully deliver a stable and high quality application and develop new features. The successful candidate will be part of the VIDA development team that currently consists of approximately 40 team members divided into five feature teams.
VIDA is the system used by the Technicians at Volvo Cars workshops. If there are problems with the VIDA application, no cars can be serviced globally with the consequence that it's vital that the system is stable and functions correctly.
VIDA Development team works agile with five agile feature teams working in 3 week sprints with a Product Owner from Customer Service (business) coached by two scrum masters. All VIDA developments are done by the feature teams and all teams are collocated in Torslanda. We have started a journey towards continuous delivery.
The teams perform application changes (continuous improvements, new features etc.) and corrections in the VIDA application. The VIDA application consists of a java backend and a .Net client.
Do you fit the profile?
The successful candidate should be an experienced client software developer that has been working according to agile methodology. As architect/lead developer, you should have architectural knowledge to be able to lead the teams so the development is done according to the architectural runaway and according to best practices.
We also hope that you have several years of experience working within the automotive domain and especially from diagnostic applications, car communication and automotive aftermarket experience preferable with experience from VIDA or similar tools.
* Software development on a .NET 4.7/4.5 using WPF, Entity Framework, C# 7.0, Telerik, XML, JSON, NUnit and CSS
* Developing systems based on SQL Server 2016 platform.
* Understanding of Automotive Diagnostic Standard Protocols (UDS 14229) and knowledge about various vehicle communication tools like Dice Adapters, Ethernet, P2P, Wi-Fi, CarDAQ
* Understanding of OSI model and networking concepts such as TCP, UDP, DOIP etc.
* Experience with Source code control tools such as VSTS, TFS, GIT, Ankh SVN and Tortoise SVN
* Experience with patterns and technologies such as MVVM, PRISM, SPRING
* Experience with ClickOnceMore for ClickOnce deployment
* Experience with Static code analysis tools like Sonarcube
Please send in your application before September 1st.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future. Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent. We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.