- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
:: About Saltside Technologies ::
Saltside Technologies develops and operates websites in emerging markets, with focus set on online classifieds sites. Currently Saltside operates the top classifieds sites in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Ghana and we also operate in Pakistan.
At Saltside we believe there is a great opportunity to build valuable online products and businesses for emerging markets. In these countries, the vast majority of people have yet to go online for the first time. Affordable cell phones and Internet access will enable them to have their first Internet experience in the coming years - and we think they should be greeted by high quality services and a great end-user experience when they do.
:: How the Platform team works for supporting our next 15 Million users ::
- Start development environment in Virtual machine
- Build & test docker images in the VM
- Push to CI & deploy on green build
- Interact with application in production using docker deployment pipeline CLI
- Use metrics to decide what to commit next
- Docker native from development all the way through to production
:: About you ::
- Ruby or Go master
- 5+ years of working experience
- Experience of building a platform on AWS
- Pair programmer
- You have strong opinions on software, what great engineering means, and the tools you use
- Confident and are interested in a leadership role
- Can go from initial commit to production ready service without breaking a sweat
- Experience with Thrift/Protocol Buffers
- Understand the interplay between larger system architecture decisions & software design decisions
- Done enough HTTP & JSON APIs to be bored of it
- Experience in the open source community. PR's are accepted! Here's some or ours: https://github.com/saltside/thrifter
- Know your stack, comfortable at most levels, but specialized a few.
- Interested in internal tooling (from operations needs to production application management)
- You couldn't call yourself a professional if you committed code without a test
- You feel the same way about putting code into production without monitoring
- Experience building a platform on AWS
- Prefer working with APIs and machine <=> machine communications. Our users are other programs.
- Know the value of a well written pull request description
- Can take ownership of a codebase & provide meaningful feedback and ways to improve it
- Interested in joining a growing team
- Understand that continuous delivery is really about continuous improvement at all levels
:: Our offer to you ::
- Get a chance to work on a product that is changing the lives of millions of users
- Work in an agile and flexible environment with very skilled developers from all around the world
- An opportunity to join a fast growing company with a diverse company culture
- Regular Geek lunches and hosted meetups ? learn from your teammates during lunch talks and presentations.
- Competitive salary
- Salary bonus
- Pension package
- 30 days paid vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including sponsoring gym cards
- Go to conferences of your choice
- Free breakfast every day
- Free Friday beer
- Join a lot of company events
Apply by clicking the link below.
We hope to hear from you.
Any questions about the position? Please contact the recruiter Anton Mellgren at [email protected]