- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future
Volvo Cars recently announced that the next generation infotainment system will be based on Android Automotive, with close collaboration with Google.
We are now looking for talents to strengthen our newly created integration team.
Developers work in agile teams divided in the following areas, Android Platform, Connectivity, User interaction, Security, Android Automotive app development, Climate control and other car functions etc. We apply the latest software development practices, and teams are supported with continuous integration frameworks and collaboration tools.
As a Platform Integration Software Developer, you love to be in the center where many components become one system. You’ll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software. You like to see the whole picture, like to collaborate with multiple partners at the same time, and like to solve new types of challenges every day. Typical integration challenges ranges from new BSP releases to new cutting-edge Android features, that need to be integrated in the main branch. One important focus is to always enable automation for time consuming tasks, to speed up future deliveries and continuous integration.
* Integrate new partner deliveries
* Automate delivery and integration of software
* Communicate new changes to partners and development teams
* Debug, test and trace during integration
* Development using Java, C++, Python, Bash and the Android tool set
Required qualifications / skills:
* M.Sc in Software Engineering or similar relevant experience
* At least 6 years of experience from working in the field of software development, requirement handling within electrical and/or software projects (Java, C++, C etc) or 3 years of experience from Android Platform
* Experience from working with Continuous Integration
* Experience from Embedded Linux Development
* Efficient SW test methods, including automated unit and integration testing
* Object oriented design / Design patterns
* Agile software development
* Experienced GIT user and familiar with Gerrit
* Good English skill (written and spoken)
* Experience in Android stack
* SELINUX experience
* Software product line architecture and variants management
* Experience within Automotive, Infotainment and from working in an international environment
* Experience from connectivity technologies like Bluetooth stacks, WiFi and phone mirroring technologies
* Driver’s license (B-level)
* A strive for future development and challenges
* Driven and self-motivated, with a strong delivery orientation
* Communicative and a great team player, with positive and pro-active attitude
* Problem solver, with good analytical skills
Please note: We do not accept applications via email.
Location for this position is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager Nicolas Gattario if you have any questions about the position: [email protected] or senior recruiter Mikael Dewrang [email protected] regarding the recruiting process.