- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Full Stack Developer
The idea behind Barnebys was first conceived in 2011, when we realised how difficult it was to search and navigate the world of auctions and art. A query on the internet gave pretty much nothing, and certainly not access to the full art market.
In the autumn of 2011, we launched a test version of our online auction service in Sweden, and only a couple of months later most Scandinavian auction houses were available with a single search. It was revolutionary, and we've continued to affect the auction market ever since with our database of historical objects crossing 80 million recently.
We make the auctions around the world accessible and available to anyone, anywhere.
What have we done so far?
- We have 3000+ auction houses around the globe.
- On average, we have 800 000 objects on the site at any given moment.
- Our users are people from all around the world with a passion for auctions.
- Today we have 80 employees all around the world with a dedicated tech team of 6 in Stockholm, 4 in the US and 3 consultants.
What’s our next challenge?
We are moving away from a monolithic tech stack in PHP to a more modern modular React/Node/Symfony stack. From before the summer, we have started to pull out core functionalities one by one from our current stack and rebuild it with modern technologies.
The fun thing with auctions is that they are more complicated from a technical perspective than a typical e-commerce site. Auctions have way more stakeholders with different roles, reaps and contextual conditions like, priority of the bidding, house or seller fee, live update of prices, merging online and offline bids into a synchronized system real-time, etc.
You will be playing a critical part in our tech team.
As our PHP developer, you have a very interesting opportunity. Because at the moment, we don’t really have any Symfony code. You will be starting from a blank slate.
You will be having previous Php code to look at for inspiration. Your main goals will be to build our solution with the modern php stack, that still works well for our users across the world. This is easier to say than to accomplish.
On the front-end we are looking to implement elastic search, we have tons of data (80 million objects) that we want to make accessible to search in a reactive and fast way. Sounds like a fun challenge?
Skills & Requirements
In order to thrive in this role:
- You need to have at least 2 years of experience with PHP, and experience coding in PHP7.
BONUS: If you have worked in a B2C/ auction companies before, that is fantastic. But not a requirement.
What’s it like working here?
We are in a very exciting time. Here are some things that we think makes it fun to work here:
- Interesting journey in modern technology – We strive to be the tip of the arrow when it comes to tech – constantly try out new stuffs.
- Being master of our crafts - We motivate our team members to attend tech conferences and interesting training programs to be the best versions of ourselves we can be.
- No micro management. We believe in freedom with responsibility.
- Passionate colleagues. In our tech room, we work together and are always curious and passionate about the things we build.
- Social events. We have beer on Fridays and play floor ball (innebandy) every second week.
- Competitive Salary
In short, we work hard to create a culture and environment where every one of us eagerly wait for a Monday morning to come after every weekend!
Does this sound interesting? Click Apply and we’ll get in touch with you right away.
About the company
Barnebys is the world’s leading search service for art, antiques and collectibles. We were founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2011 and have since then established our business globally with offices in New York, San Francisco, UK, France, Spain and Germany. Our clients include the world’s top tier of auctioneers, antique dealers, galleries as well as regional and local businesses. We are also offering an extensive free database of auction results and a top of the line valuation service.
We are currently seeking top talent to join our team.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.