Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
An exciting opportunity to join the team responsible for processing the billions of rows of data we receive each day at King and using it to drive all of King's data and analytics needs.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Maintain, expand and scale King's data processing pipeline in the face of phenomenal growth
- Develop data models and ETL to support applications and reporting
- Ensure data and reporting consistency
- Support analysts and the business in meeting their data needs
- Build a data platform and tools to support real time decision making and advanced analytics
Skills to create thrills
- Experience with column oriented databases (E.g. ExaSol, Vertica, InfiniDB...)
- Experience with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (Hadoop/Hive/HBase etc)
- Comfortable at a Linux command prompt
- Skilled in one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python...)
- Fluent in SQL
- A fan of simplicity
- Structured and analytical
- Motivated by challenges and new opportunities
- A team player that likes to discuss solutions and ideas together with developers and analytics engineers
- Passionate about data quality.
Tasty bonus skills
- Programming skills (preferably Java) from an agile environment
- Experience in quantitative analysis, machine learning, statistical analysis, etc.
- Designed and/or implemented distributed real time systems
- Expertise in data warehousing, data modelling and analysis
- Expertise in running a large Hadoop cluster
- Have experience working at a small-but-growing IT company
- Can tell us what level you are in Candy Crush!
We're knights of creativity!
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That's why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity!
Want to join our Kingdom?
Please send us your CV by clicking the Apply now button. All applications must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That's why we hire all sorts of talent.