- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Global migration is a 21st-century reality: Whether people are fleeing from something or racing towards better opportunity, finding love or experience new cultures, people are now living side by side in a new way. At Rebtel, we believe in tearing down borders – from the geographical borders that complicate international communication and borderless banking to the cultural borders that keep people divided. We’re on a mission to build products serving the 2 billion modern internationals of the world. We offer work, communication and banking services for anyone crossed a border:
Our team mirrors our global audience: we are a diverse team of people from over 40 different countries that get together everyday – and we’d love for you to join us. Do you have what it takes?
Rebtel is looking for an Android Developer
About Rebtel Android
The work is well structured without being stifling. We use a Kanban work flow to handle day to day tasks and practice code review as it's an excellent way to spread knowledge and to keep code quality high. You will find tasks that are demanding and tasks that will trigger your creativity.
In an application as complex as Rebtel, refactoring is important to keep the code base clean. A healthy portion of time is dedicated to this. We have started to integrate Kotlin into the existing code bases and will soon begin to build a new app in Kotlin from the start.
The development team is up to date with Android development best practises and software patterns. We have quick communication channels between teams and we also have regular hackathons.
About you and your responsibilities
• You have keen interest in architecture and know how to build complex applications that are maintainable.
• You like to have an overview of architectural decisions and discuss technical solutions with the rest of the team.
• You are interested in problem solving and enjoy finding the simplest possible solution to complex problems.
• We love to share the knowledge we have and to learn new things from you.
• You take pride in the quality of your work; you cover the edge cases and write unit tests.
• Good experience in Java and Android app development
• Knowledgable about Android, Google, mobile, devices and related spheres of tech
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Experience working with large teams on mature products with many users
• Experience building new products with an eye on maintainability and scalability
• A degree in computer science or equivalent
• Experience of audio, video, telecommunications and/or messaging protocols
• Experience with payment platforms, FinTech or Banking
• Kotlin experience
• Reactive programming
• 4+ years full-time professional experience
• Committed to writing excellent code
• Happy hacking on new technology, loves R&D
• Always curious, always learning
• Vision for product development and for how a code base evolves
• A pleasure to work with
We are Rebtel. People from all around the world, as of now more than 40 countries and more to come. We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.