- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Millicom Digital Ventures aims to build the leading digital companies within the entertainment and media in segment in Latin America and Africa. We build these companies for markets that are currently experience a digital boom and reach more than 1.5 billion people.
Mi.tv is one of the companies founded by Millicom Digital Ventures. Mi.tv is a social TV guide that aims to curate, inspire and socialize the TV day. We have started the roll out in Latin America and are now looking for a Backend Engineer to be based in Stockholm. If you are consider yourself a rock star developer and want to work in a startup environment with products aimed at exotic markets such as Costa Rica and Colombia, you might be the one we are looking for.
You will be able to join a passionate team with experience from some of today´s leading services for its markets, such as Netflix, Viaplay, Spotify, SVT and Qbrick. We believe in creating an entrepreneurial environment where the employees have great freedom and strong influence on the way we work. In return we not only expect, but require high performance.
THE WAY WE WORK
You have a passion for customer centric and lean development. You are an open-minded team player, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You like working in a startup environment where speed, performance and freedom is the culture.
- Participate in design + implementation + testing and release
- Define requirements and approaches
- Write code to scale to millions of users, terabytes of data
- Understand and address latency, performance, and security issues with cloud development
- Ninja knowledge of programming is a must
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Python and functional languages a plus
- Knowledge of Amazon Cloud Services such as DynamoDB and EC2 is a huge plus
- Write components from scratch from business rules
- Continuously learn by doing awesome stuff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or similar work based experience
- Solid English and basic Spanish Language or Swedish Language.
- 3+ years in a similar role with a previous employer
- Previous experience in fast paced development and continuous delivery
- Worked with building customer facing products