- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 7 million users all over the world who have logged over 5 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Platform Engineer to join our team. We hope that it’s you.
Our platform team designs, implements, and maintains scalable software architectures that are at the heart of our technology. As a platform engineer you will move fast and play a pivotal role in ensuring the quality of the backend systems that power our Android and iOS apps.
- Design, build, and deploy highly scalable software systems (including microservices) written in Ruby on Rails and Golang.
- Produce high quality software using TDD in a continuous delivery environment.
- Work in a cross-functional team to define, design, and ship new features.
You love working with amazing and talented people. You want to be part of creating and building something new and to scale it from millions to hundreds of millions of users. You might love the outdoors, fishing or baking chocolate-chip cookies. You might just like the amazing tech we’re building. Are we getting close? If so, there's a good chance you should talk to us!
- Bachelor's degree and/or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years work experience.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in an OOP language, such as Ruby, Java, C++, or similar (Ruby strongly preferred).
- Experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases, operating system internals, networking, and file systems are a plus.
- You're smart, get stuff done, have a passion for learning and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!