Who we are:
In E-Tech Core team we work on projects supporting critical internal needs of Schibsted like sales and distribution of newspapers, advertising support, employee identity management. We are working on global systems for more than 7000 employees. There is a high demand of internal services, and you will be joining the team and the organization that is in transition from being a local team to become a global unit which provides services across the enterprise.
We are a team of cross-technology skilled developers. We value engagement and being a good team player. We are a multinational team with part of us being based in Stockholm and part in Kraków.
We are looking for a passionate Lead Engineer to support our skilled team of Java Fullstack developers based in Stockholm and Krakow. You will be located in Stockholm.
What you will do:
- Act as Product Owner including stakeholder management, requirement analysis to ensure the team has a clear understanding of current business needs and own/prioritize the team backlog
- Continuously improving our agile methodology meaning you need to be an agile evangelist
- Developing and maintaining business critical applications - both back-end services and front-end web applications
You will work with a modern tech stack:
- Java 11
- Spring Boot 2.0
- Scala (in some sub-projects)
- NodeJS, Meteor (in some sub-projects)
- Groovy, Grails 3 (in some sub-projects)
- You will work with modern tools for continuous integration and delivery (Travis, Spinnaker) as well as cloud platform using Amazon Web Services
- You will participate in a full peer code review
- You will work together with the team to influence the best toolset and solution design (no rigid architecture requirements)
- Work with requirements and design early in the process together with the rest of the team and product owner
- Passionate about business as well as technology in order to bridge the gap between stakeholders and team with clear communication and detailed requirements
- Strong experience of agile methodologies and a Certified Scrum Master/Product Owner
- Basic experience/understanding on bridging Agile to ITIL processes
- Strong Java skills
- PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar SQL databases
- Automated testing / continuous integration / delivery methods and tooling
- Knowledge of Cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience in profiling and debugging application issues / Be able to troubleshoot complex applications
- Good English and Swedish – written and spoken
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a modern IT environment with a strong drive to innovate technologically
- An exciting position in the heart of one of the biggest media and tech companies in Sweden
- Amazing colleagues
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities
- Personal development plan
If you are open to learning new things, care about quality and clean code and like working in a team of like-minded people, then join us!
Background check is part of the recruitment process for final candidate.
Schibsted Enterprise Technology is the global IT company within Schibsted, delivering services, tools and infrastructure to the group and Adevinta’s marketplaces worldwide. The teams within Enterprise Technology are responsible for Schibsted’s internal IT and infrastructure, providing the core foundation for Schibsted’s market-leading brands, including some of the biggest newspapers and marketplaces in Sweden and Norway.
Today we employ over 140 highly skilled people in Stockholm, Oslo, Barcelona and Kraków and we are always on the hunt for strengthening our team even more. So come join us in scaling up Enterprise Technology to the next level, accelerating the digital transformation in Schibsted by creating increased efficiency and collaboration!