- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. Are you a Senior Data Scientist with Image Analysis expertise and want to be a part of this? Welcome to join our team within the Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology department in Gothenburg, Sweden as a Senior Data Scientist - Image Analysis.
The Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology department is a data science department specialized in bioinformatics, phenomics (image processing) and statistics. Rather than making driverless cars or financial products, we are using the same AI and data science methods in making life changing medicines and save patients' lives.
In this role you will be involved in the define, design and development of image processing and downstream data processing projects and tasks and you will largely be working with cellular images captured with microscopes - fluorescent stained or bright field. The role also includes working closely with biologists and scientists from other disciplines and we expect you to dedicatedly seek opportunities and influence at all levels, from lab biologists to business leaders.
Depending on your experience and level of expertise we could tailor the position to be a higher level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will develop and apply image and data analysis methods to address biological questions primarily for drug discovery - in particular the high content imaging screening activities from small scale bespoke experiments to large scale high throughput screening campaigns. Typical tasks in the role include image segmentation, enhancement, reconstruction, quantification, clustering and classifications. You are required to know the classical image processing methods as well as modern AI and machine learning/deep learning based image and data processing methods.
You will engage externally via publications and presentations. To manage the role, you should be equipped with modern image processing methods in image segmentation, pattern recognition, machine learning and other AI methods. Given the interdisciplinary nature of this role, you are also expected to have understanding, or at the least the interests to learn cell biology and cellular screening workflow.
* Using image and data analytical methods, to work with drug discovery projects and therapeutic areas to identify and deliver solutions for addressing key biological questions.
* Build and internalize algorithms and techniques to answer defined questions and ensure that results are scientifically robust and documented.
* Develop and implement solutions with suitable software packages.
* Discover and define gaps in data and knowledge for ongoing projects, extract internal/external data and methods, and work with discipline specialists to fill the gaps.
* Promote AstraZeneca's image and data analysis capabilities and reputation through external publications and presentations
* B.Sc., Masters or PhD in a relevant field (computer science, electronics, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent) with proven relevant experience.
* Image processing knowledge and experiences in image segmentation, enhancement, reconstruction, clustering and classifications.
* Mathematics and data science knowledge and experiences of using and applying AI, machine learning (deep learning) methods in image data.
* Programming skills in some of the languages/packages: Python (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch), Matlab, R, Java or others.
* Strong mathematical background, evidences of using mathematical modelling methods (e.g. Bayesian methods) in solving real world image and data processing problems, such as Markov random field, hidden Markov model and Graph based image and data processing methods (e.g. graph cut).
* Experiences in working with large quantities of image data, temporal image data or video processing in e.g. fluorescent stained cellular images, tissue pathology, mass spectrometry imaging, CT, MRI, PET.
* Hands on experience with microscopic hardware and software such as PerkinElmer's Columbus/Acapella, Yokogawa's CV7000/CV8000, ThermoFisher's Cellomics/CellInsight, MolecularDevices' ImageXpress.
* Working with biologists in a biological and cellular screening environment.
We look forward to your application no later than 15th of December, 2019.
For more information about the position please contact Hiring Manager, Yinhai Wang at
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
AstraZeneca is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.