- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Volumental, we're passionate about creating great digital shoe shopping experiences using 3D scanning and AI recommendation technology. Our solution is a crucial part of making footwear retail more efficient, personalized and sustainable. Volumental's technology is currently live in 1800 stores across 40 countries.
What will you work on?
Volumental has a data and machine learning platform that is the cloud backbone of our 1800 devices spread across six continents serving 4 million users. And we expect these numbers to keep growing rapidly.
As a member of the infrastructure team, you will be part of architecting and building the core components that makes this scaling possible. While, at the same time, allowing us to develop new services and roll out new features, robustly, on a daily basis.
While it is crucial to be prudent and maintain reliability, it is also important not to get stuck in legacy. Therefore, we have never been afraid to explore new approaches and use modern technologies where it may help us. At Volumental, we want you to strike the same balance between a forward-looking and curious mindset and measured diligence.
We are excited about you because you are:
- A collaborative and kind team member
- Open to teach others and learn new things
- Keen to work in a caring startup environment.
We expect you to:
- Have worked professionally as a software engineer. We are looking for both intermediate developers and senior developers
- Be interested to work with the programming languages that we use for backend at Volumental: Golang and Python. Experience in other languages is valuable
- Understand how and when to use common modern cloud technologies and platforms such as GCP, AWS or Azure.
Bonus - Don’t let these stop you from applying, but if they fit you, please let us know!
- You have used k8s, Spinnaker or Terraform, or other comparable tools
- You have learnt (perhaps the hard way) how it is when something important breaks on a late Saturday night, and have found good practices to avoid it
- You have worked with deployments or data volumes large enough that they could not be hosted on a single node
- You have handled deployments with more than a million users
- You are interested in authentication and data security
- You have a good grasp of computer networking and common network protocols.
- You have a degree in computer science or similar.
We understand that you might not fulfill all of these items, but don't worry - you will have lots of opportunities to learn here!
We encourage a diversity of applicants to apply. Welcome to Volumental!