- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Would you like to be part of building the most sought-after streaming service in the Nordics? Are your dreams up in the cloud? Perfect, then we could have a match! Were looking for a Backend Developer for our Viaplay Team in Stockholm. If you believe you have what it takes - were waiting for your application!
As a Backend Developer at Viaplay, you will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of digital media, develop the platform to meet the challenges of a continuously growing user base. Your engagement will shape the future of our service as you will be involved in defining the cutting edge for video on demand. We are now looking for a new team member to help us grow the platform, enhance our user experience and create the next generation of streaming services.
We thrive in using cutting edge technology, always keeping up to date and constantly challenging the status quo. We work with Node.js in a micro-services architecture that runs serverless in AWS. Also, we build our whole product here in-house.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
You will join a kick-ass cross-functional team (client and backend development, QA, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you cant refuse!
Some of your daily challenges will include:
• Building strong and high performing micro-services in Node.js
• Microservice/Serverless architecture
• Using multiple programming paradigms and languages
• Flexible production environment supported by Docker hosted in the Amazon Cloud
• An agile development process where we promote pair/mob programming
• Driving our product iterations based on consumer feedback and behaviour data
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ALSO MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• Solid work life experience developing web based services, using Node.js
• Good understanding of REST API
• Understanding of test- or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD) including supporting frameworks
• Experience in developing services in the cloud, preferably AWS
• An interest and motivation to work with modern frameworks
BONUS REQUIREMENTS THAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT FROM THE REST:
• Experience working with a state-less and high transactional end user product
• Experience of working with some Frontend magic, such as React.js
WE OFFER YOU
• Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
• We build everything in-house with cutting edge technologies.
• We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
• A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
• An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
• An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
• An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at [email protected].
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if youre selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic regions leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (NENT A and NENT B).