About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
kubernetes, grafana, go, backend
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applications from a European or North Americas timezone (other time zones will be considered on a case by base basis)
We are looking for an experienced backend or system developer to join the Grafana Labs R&D team. We’re hiring for a range of teams and projects which roll up into two high level groups:
Grafana’s backend runs on a high variety of hardware ranging from old Raspberry Pis to large enterprise clustered setups. Our backed plugins integrate with all kinds of databases. This requires thoughtful decisions regarding architecture, resilience and performance. We are also responsible for our hosted Grafana offering which operates thousands of Grafana instances on Kubernetes.
Our Grafana Cloud pipeline moves millions of data points, log lines and traces per second from our customer's environments into a highly available, low-latency stack that processes and stores the data, and serves it to dashboards and alerting tools. We aim to grow this to hundreds of millions per second, and it's critical that as we grow, we improve our performance, increase our reliability and do it all more efficiently.
If you are shortlisted for an interview by the team we’ll discuss the projects and your areas of interest in more detail during the early stages of our interview process.
Backend engineering roles at Grafana require engineers with a passion for performance, reliability, and who enjoy taking projects from conception to production.
We have some of the best engineers from the monitoring space working on these problems and they want to work with you.
Since we deploy production services, we have on-call rotations to ensure the health of the system. We dogfood our own services so being on call is an important way to understand our system and how to use the products we create.
Our culture is one of remote-first, and our engineering organization is largely remote. We provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, and we need people who can work independently and can communicate well. Even if you are located near one of our small offices, working from home is both common and encouraged. Our teams also plan in-person team building meetups and also gather to attend industry conferences.
We care deeply about open source and the projects generally are open source, check them out: https://github.com/grafana.
We primarily use Go.
- Flexible hours
- Flexible location (EU or North American time zone preferred)
- The equipment you need to get the job done
- Generous vacation policy of 30 days per annum with national holidays in your country of residence on top
- Grafana operates in 24+ countries. We try to operate as one team and focus on global benefits which our whole team can enjoy. Inevitably there are some regional variations and we discuss the benefits offered in your country of residence through our interview process.
- We offer a competitive healthcare plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) for our US based employees via our co-employer JustWorks.
- We offer a 4% employer contribution match on our 401K/pension plans or a one time 4% salary increase after 6 months tenure depending on your location
- Help us change the world and overtake proprietary monitoring vendors with open source software.
Skills & requirements
- All teams
- Familiar with programming languages like Go, C, C#, C++, Java or Rust
- Able to write clean, robust and performant software
- Cloud teams
- Experience with network programming or distributed system
Nice to haves:
- Familiar with operations/SRE
- Experience with the monitoring space in general (metrics, logging, tracing, observability)
- Familiar with time-series applications and concepts, especially Graphite or Prometheus
- Experience with Kubernetes / Kafka / Cassandra / Bigtable / syslog / opentracing or similar technologies.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.
Andra webbjobb i Ospecificerad arbetsort
Tyvärr finns inga fler lediga webbjobb i Ospecificerad arbetsort just nu.